Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Introduction... Hi I'm new...

Hey gang, I'm, Bill. I'm new. Well actually, I'm not really "new"... I'm pretty dang old... 57... I'm new to the forum anyway. I've been lurking here for a few months, but this is my first post. Just want to leave a quick note to introduce myself, say hello and also to say thanks for all the good stuff I've learned so far from those of you here on the forum. In fact, it was your enthusiasm and passion for the brand that ultimately convinced me to buy a Gas Gas.

So... I got a left over new 2013 XC250R last November and I absolutely love the thing. My last bike was a KTM 500 EXC, a great bike for sure, but the GAS GAS just feels so much lighter and so much more nimble and flickable. And well, I just like the way 2-strokes deliver power better than thumpers. Anyway, I'm stoked!

I don't do any formal racing like a lot of y'all. My interest is pretty much limited to trail riding with my buddies. We try to get out two or three times a month for some good ole fun in the dirt.

I have some questions I'm hoping y'all can help me with, but we'll save 'em later. And who knows, maybe I'll be able to contribute something along the way... I hope so anyway.

Thanks again guys!

Old 01-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Welcome Young Man!

Welcome sir, and thank you for buying a Gas Gas. I hope you will enjoy the bike and using the forum for many years to come. Here you have a good bunch of folks that are happy to offer their 2 cents on just about any topic

I will be the first to ask. If not, rest assured someone else will....but it would help everyone here if you would tell us your state of residence please.

If there should be anything I can do to assist you, do not hesitate to drop me a PM here.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:28 PM

Hi Rod. Sorry 'bout that. I live near St. Augustine, FL.

I thought I put my location in my profile. Guess I didn't get it quite right. I'll try again.

Bill
Old 01-11-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi-P View Post
Hi Rod. Sorry 'bout that. I live near St. Augustine, FL.

I thought I put my location in my profile. Guess I didn't get it quite right. I'll try again.

Bill
No worries Bill, and thanks for sharing.

BTW...love your town!
Old 01-11-2016, 05:22 PM

Welcome & congrats on the new ride!

Coming off a Katoom 500, I bet your 250 feels like a mountain bike...lol. One of my good buds has a 500 EXC that he uses for dual-sport purposes out here and it's a fantastic bike, but a bit much for the tight stuff we like (which is why he kept his 250).

The technical sub-forums are a great resource for most all your needs, thanks to Jakobi and several others on here, I've been able to get my 200 sorted as well as my wife's 200 and my brother-in-law's 250.

My folks live down in St. Augustine, awesome place. One of my favorite things to do is hit the inter-coastal and dig up fresh oysters that we take back to grill/steam/eat on the half-shell. Also like A1A Alehouse, lots of cool places to check out.

Post up a ride report if you get a chance, always fun to read about other spots people ride
Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 PM

Great to have you join the family!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:04 PM

Welcome aboard! My name is much the same(William Paul _____. I used to cringe when I heard my mom shout Willi P...Meant I was in deep poo
Old 01-13-2016, 09:40 AM

Default Thanks Guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys... it's great to be a part of the group!
Old 01-13-2016, 02:45 PM

welcome to the club!!