Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:19 AM

I'm guessing they cut it to allow it to open a little further?

I took mine out and ground it to suit the port a couple years ago.

My symptoms were a flat spot down the bottom, like the bike was incredibly lean, but then recovered as the power valve opened. I only really noticed it as I picked up an old exc200, and the bottom end blew me away, so I knew something was wrong. The KTM was set to open mega early, so I knew I needed to get the gasgas to open earlier, and damn did it make a difference.

Bare in mind I'm running 1.5mm base gasket to align the ports, so anything to recover the bottom end is a good thing!

2006 EC300 Enduro - Ignitech CDI - 38/NECW#2/165 FMF gnarly, FMF shorty, .50 front 5.7 rear

2016 RM-Z450

Old 06-30-2019, 02:20 AM

I really don't know what to do next.
All is place,nice,clean but no matter what I do,power valve won't open fully.

This is the end of travel...

If I lose a bit the preload on pv will go just a little bit higher on revs but will go too abrupt in power valve.

Soooooo, what I'm thinking to do next, I will loose all spring preload ,if I do that ,the actuator will be loose too much, but,I will bend the actiator arm,to compensates the freeplay.

Fingers crossed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190630_101758.jpg (120.3 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by adriano.ro; 06-30-2019 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:51 PM

Update: nothing change...
repack final
Clean pv
Clean air filter.

#G needle maby?
I feel that the pv need to open earlier.

Is frustrating to not have some basic measurements,like ktm, 'X' dimension for example.

Last edited by adriano.ro; 07-02-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Default My contribution to this awesome Powervalve thread.

I've just sorted my Powervalve issue out, and it's an new issue to the thread I think.

If you've ever had the governor apart, you will have spotted a little aluminium rings that slides up and down the main shaft. Mine had "picked up" and was intermittently sticking it got to the stage where it was hardly moving at all.

I put it down to bad maintenance, not changing the gearbox oil regular. Anyhow, I don't know if they are available for an 03 EC 300, but I polished the marks out and it works a treat now
Old 09-02-2019, 06:53 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I was able to put a 2011 PV governor into my 2000 300GG. There are several on Ebay, but it sounds like you fixed the problem.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Today I took the slack out of the PV in the EC250 2008 by loosening the set screw and pushing in the governor juuust a bit, maybe less than 0.5mm, while holding the bracket firmly on the stop bolt and tightening again. the bike rattles no more at idle and deceleration and the bottom end improved much. still the top end power feels a bit flat where it should be screaming. I'll play with the jetting some more but is there a chance I may have lost some travel of the PV, not opening fully at high revs, due to pushing in the gov'nor in an attempt to preload the bracket? otherwise very happy with the result.
Can't wait to ride it...
Happy and healthy new year folks! This place is a treasure.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:45 PM

If you pull off the exhaust pipe, open the right side power valve cover and remove the linkage, you can rotate the powervalve by hand and see if the power valve is able to move freely and open completly.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:25 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliost View Post
Today I took the slack out of the PV in the EC250 2008 by loosening the set screw and pushing in the governor juuust a bit, maybe less than 0.5mm, while holding the bracket firmly on the stop bolt and tightening again. the bike rattles no more at idle and deceleration and the bottom end improved much. still the top end power feels a bit flat where it should be screaming. I'll play with the jetting some more but is there a chance I may have lost some travel of the PV, not opening fully at high revs, due to pushing in the gov'nor in an attempt to preload the bracket? otherwise very happy with the result.
Can't wait to ride it...
Happy and healthy new year folks! This place is a treasure.
Thank you for the kind words.
Helping GasGas riders in this way was what we were going for when we started this forum as "Talking Smack" on my (now closed) shop Smackover Motor Sports's web site. Jeff (the webmaster) has been great in keeping it going here.

If you take off the right powervalve cover and watch it as you rev the engine, you can see if the powervalve is moving through its full rotation.

Good Riding to You!
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 01-07-2021, 07:56 AM

Thank you Jim, I will check it the way you described.
I've always been an advocate of this forum and I probably wouldn't own a gasgas had it not been for this place.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:23 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliost View Post
Thank you Jim, I will check it the way you described.
I've always been an advocate of this forum and I probably wouldn't own a gasgas had it not been for this place.
Thanks for the kind words.

Let us know how it goes.
Jim
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/