Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:58 PM

For the flywheel weight you can get one from Gofasters or just get one stright from Steahly.

Great job on fixing things before just ridding the bike for a while just waiting for things to fail.

Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:58 PM

It was harder than you'd think to find Tygon tubing for gas line and carb vents etc. I eventually found it at a hobby shop that had parts for RC airplane and such. There is also a karting shop in town that had some kinda cheaper susbstitue, I think it was called Excelon, but it is not as flexible as Tygon. Tygon is and remains very flexible.

I got my CCK needle and jets from Sudco, ordered it over the phone because their online catalog is a disaster... I think they had a minimum order requirement and jets come in 4 packs so not the best way to get single jets. Any decent shop should be able to order a CCK if they don't stock 'em.

I don't even know what "brand" my flywheel weight is. I bought it used off someone here on Buy/Sell board...
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 03-30-2009, 01:54 PM

Try getting Tygon from a hardware store, a small engine or chain saw dealer might also have them.
Or your local lawn mower shop might also carry it.
They might not even know what the type of hose is and still carry it.
It is marked on the box and the hose line itself. I've also used a blue Urathane hose for the fuel line.
BTW My line routing is stock, going through the airbox is a better route!

You can see a picture of what the stock setup will look like in the photo gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
Where'd you get those (tygon)?

Thanks for the tip on the jetting. What is a CCK needle? Is Pobits a member or a store? Please excuse the noobiness of these questions.

I need to do a flywheel weight as well, what brand did you use?

I was fine on the bike, but I was pretty cautious. It's also jetted all wrong so when I get it right it's gonna be scarier.

Thanks!

2008 KTM 530

Former Fantasies:
2007 KTM 525
2004 Honda CR250R
2011 Gas-Gas EC 300
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
2004 KDX 200
2000 KDX 220
2003 Gas-Gas EC 250
2004 Honda CRF 250X
2005 Honda CRF 250X

What can I say, I'm schizophrenic and ambidextrous!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I looked. I also found Tygon online. It looks like it's a common hobby item.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 PM

Update-

Bike is all the way back together. I posted my new jetting in the jetting thread.

One outstanding issue- I bought a new subframe from Go Fasters and the seat won't bolt up to the subframe, so I am taking it to a local shop I trust today or tomorrow to get it fixed so the seat will bolt up.

However, I can still ride it as the seat fits rather snugly without the bolts.

Holy SHIT! This thing is super quick with the new jetting and the 13/50 sprocket combo. On top of that the newly revalved Ohlins suspension feels fantastic!!! Can't wait to get the seat fix so I can really spend some time on it!

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Oh, and a good solid bleed seems to have fixed my clutch dragging issues!!!

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 AM

After riding the bike for about an hour and a half yesterday afternoon, all I can say is wow!

Handling is awesome, power is now really good although I still have a little more jetting to do (main might need to come down to 178 or 175).

I am really impressed by the bikes turning and handling, def the best handling frame I have ever owned. Hopefully I'll be able to control the power in the woods, it's not too bad but it is a little quick on the throttle. The suspension done by factory connection is fantastic.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 PM

Finally got 4 good solid hours of hard trail riding at my local club. Bike felt fantastic. I was able to get it to speed and really run it out. Handles really well, easy to get through woods and confidence insipring in the rock covered whoops and ugly woods. Power was too sudden though, and it stalls a little too easily. Also the brakes could be a shade better. Newly done fork was leaking at end of day, so I packed that up to send it out to FC so they can look into it

Alright. So new list of things to do-

Shave some off width bars and fix my handguards
Install Flywheel wieght
Install PV Cover
Pipe and radiator guards

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Power was too sudden though, and it stalls a little too easily.
It sounds like you have pretty much the same reaction to the MC that I had with mine. The jetting, flywheel weight and slow G2 throttle cam I mentioned above resolved the same two issues for me. It still hits plenty hard when you want it to.

Quote:
Also the brakes could be a shade better.
Too grabby or not enough?
My fronts will put me over the bars in an instant if I'm not careful and the backs also lock up easily. I just can't imagine needing more brakes. On recommendations from other members here I have a set of "red" EBC carbon pads here to try but I've been buried with work and haven't got to give them a try yet. Supposedly less grabby.

I had a problem with overheating my rear to the point of NO rear brake. I had to cut a bit off the clevis bolt to get more freeplay in the brake lever. I also changed the fluid out and bled the heck out of it. I have not had the brake fade recur. I still need to figure some kind of stop to keep the thing in a lower position so I don't have to "ride" it all the time, but the increased freeplay seems to have worked for now.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpduc View Post
It sounds like you have pretty much the same reaction to the MC that I had with mine. The jetting, flywheel weight and slow G2 throttle cam I mentioned above resolved the same two issues for me. It still hits plenty hard when you want it to.
Didn't order the G2 yet, but depending on how the FW and PV Cover help I might.

I can't find your jetting, what are you running?

How many oz's did you go to for FW weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpduc View Post
Too grabby or not enough?
My fronts will put me over the bars in an instant if I'm not careful and the backs also lock up easily. I just can't imagine needing more brakes. On recommendations from other members here I have a set of "red" EBC carbon pads here to try but I've been buried with work and haven't got to give them a try yet. Supposedly less grabby.
Plenty grabby, just feel the lever effort is a little too high. Might just be cause my arms are weak from years of not riding. Can't remember what pads I just put on. DP maybe?

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg