Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Default Ah to have passion about something again...

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=457531

What is it when you get older that you stop being passionate about things. Kinda neat to recapture some of those feelings from time to time.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned

Steve,
Thank you for the kind post on orange talk.
Is it a requirement for that forum that for every one polite member there has to be 9 a$$holes? You didn't slam KTM in any way. You just politely pointed out that members there should maybe consider a Gas Gas and the first response was rude.
I don't get it.
Clay
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Banned

Well some KTM guys aren't really confident in there brand. Other wise they wouldn't care.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Considering it was his first post though it does sound like a bit of a sales pitch/recruiting mission. It is also KTM talk. They're all on the orange koolaid. Any other generic motorcycling forum and I bet you'd get much more positive feedback. Just my 2c worth.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM

I have a little different opinion on this. I am on here and KTMTALK. One of my biggest complaints about this forum is the continuous KTM bashing. I have both and they are both great. I have seen a negative comment about Gassers over there sometimes but it is much less than I see here.

Just my 2cents.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2200 View Post
I have a little different opinion on this. I am on here and KTMTALK. One of my biggest complaints about this forum is the continuous KTM bashing. I have both and they are both great. I have seen a negative comment about Gassers over there sometimes but it is much less than I see here.

Just my 2cents.
Jeff,
I think you will find that I have said on more than one occassion that the orange bike is a really good motorcycle. Obviously I think ours is better but the KTM is definitely good. I was mainly talking about the tone of the comment that the poster made to Steve. I thought Steve's comment was respectful but the reply was flat out rude. I don't think I have see anyone make a rude comment to anyone else on this site.
Maybe I'm prejudiced....
Clay
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:

Just my 2cents.
I would have to disagree on your statement Jeff. Go look through some threads in the "Euro" section about the gasers. Man it has gotten really ugly over there. The best ammunition they can come up with is there is parts issues and no dealers, etc, etc. Then when you try to school them on this kind of stuff they get all pissy and defensive.

I for one like bikes in general. I had one KTM 200 and 2 gassers, followed by my 450 Berg that I just got rid of. All of them had their good points & bad points. The gasser just suits my riding style better. This is why I am getting a 2013 gasser when they get here. Hands down though both gassers had better suspension. I spent a ton of coin on the berg suspension and still was not happy.

In the end I don't give a shit what anybody rides just as long as you are riding.

Happy Trails,
Robby
Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 PM

No problem. I agree with Clay that I do not often see it get personal on this site. It just seems like every day I get on here I see slams against the orange bikes. It just seems kind of petty but not a big deal.

I actually bought a rm 250 project to fix up. I like em all!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No problem. I agree with Clay that I do not often see it get personal on this site. It just seems like every day I get on here I see slams against the orange bikes. It just seems kind of petty but not a big deal.

I actually bought a rm 250 project to fix up. I like em all!
Word mate! I think you'll find half the pumpkin bashing that goes on in here is in jest. Jokes about the dark side and such.

I'm with you! I don't care if someones riding a clapped out postie bike. We're all in it for the fun of riding! Anyone who is brand loyal enough not to appreciate and learn from the other bands is only missing out on the full experience riding has to offer.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:45 PM

I was all tingly with GG love this morning. I make no apologies other than I didn't realize it was my first post...which is cheesy. I usually just lurk and don't post unless I own one.

In any event it was meant in the best possible way, and moving it to the niche forum is petty, but every man has to do what they got to do.

I am pretty sure there isn't a bike out there that you can't find something wrong with. The only time I think about the weight is when I am putting the GG on the milk crate.

Funny but true story. The guy who exposed me to GasGas's had sold his that he neglected and forgot how good they are when maintained. When I got my shiny new 2010 EC 300 he wanted to try it and I rode his new FI KX 450 with a rekluse. We were down at one of our St. Joes trips in a big group. After about 10 minutes I kept thinking his bike has to be 20-25 lbs lighter actual weight but I will be dog gone if I can find one place on the trail that it feels like it is true. I kept thinking I hope I get my bike back soon...I really don't like this. Although it has a MONSTER of a motor which was fun for straight line racing.

He got off mine and we exchanged and he said...MAN is that light. Just goes to show you can sell specs all day long until you know the whole story.

I contend my GG is prolly one of the lighted bikes I ever owned, and that is because it handles so well I have not put it down one time while riding (it did fall over in the garage once) therefore I am not picking it up except off the kickstand. I am not here to tell you it is a magical bike but I do feel guilty when riding with friends. I know some of my friends are better riders and the bike literally makes up the gap and then some.

Just trying to spread the word. People who are gonna hate are gonna hate. Like I told my friend at work tonight. If your favorite tool in your tool box is a hammer...everything looks like a nail.