Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Default finally had a problem!

ive been riding every sat/sun/m for almost 2 month, without any problems. even cased it at 35 on the pavement(snowing) without a scratch(not even grips/pegs)
last weekend, the kickstarter bolts cam loose, i stripped one not knowing it was loose, lost the kicker in the mud(found it, thankfully its still shiny) had to carry it in my pocket all day.
cost me 37 cents for bolts.
tried to ride across a creek( about 7 inches deep) i thought was frozen over(wasnt) sank in to the frame, bent the shifter up unter the stator cover. cost $4 propane tank for my torch.(yes i took it off, im not going to make that mistake twice= breaking the shaft trying to bend the shifter)
i did also spend another $3 on loktite, went thru the whole list in the manual and locktited all the external bolts.
compared to my xrs that repairs always cost at leat $20 im even more pleased with my gasser, i doubt i will ever buy another brand of bike. rode everything, only like honda xrs, crs and gassers. now that gg has a big bore 4t i might think about one of those in the future. hopefully theyll start making a 650 dual sport i can road trip with, id think about trading in my 3 hunny.

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:

Old 04-11-2008, 05:07 PM

sorry mod, can you move this to ride report, wasnt paying attention to where i was..

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck: