Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:33 PM

If bikes were outlawed only outlaws would ride bikes.

That one of the best rants I've heard in a long time.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keg View Post

And all the girls have beer flavoured nipples down here too!
I really must visit that place.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 PM

The best bike friendly place in Quebec is a place we call Mekinac. Dirtbiking is allowed almost everywhere. One of the best spot for a real hard trail ride.

In major part, if you stay away from big towns you can still enjoy ridding in a 100% legal mode.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Site Sponsor

i would think wv is the most dirtbike friedly state i've ever ridden. probably the most dirtbike friendly on the east coast aside from maine maybe (i don't know the law there...)

here's the law:

use is banned from paved roads with a CENTER LINE or more than 2 lanes, except to cross and EXCEPT for getting from one trail or field to another when traveling up to 10 miles no faster than 25 mph.

All must be titled.
All riders under 18 must complete a rider safety awareness course.
All riders under 18 shall wear helmets at all times.
No passengers are permitted except if the ATV is designed for a passenger or if the passenger is at least age 18 and the operator is at least 18 and has a driver's license.
shall not be operated from sunset to sunrise without a lighted taillight and headlight.

so, if the road has a center line, you can travel up to 10 miles, no faster than 25mph. - but i've read elsewhere that this is not the law...

if the road has no center line (i would guess 50% + of the roads are rural here, and none have paint on them....) there is no real law, aside from standard rules of the road.

i regularly see atv's and utv's on the roads here...

as for the 10 miles, if you can't find a trail or unpainted road in wv within 10 miles you're doing something wrong.

i regularly zip down a 2 lane 55mph painted road to get to other trails. i believe the police are so used to this, that they rarely hassle anyone.

needless to say, afaik we have the highest fatality rate among atv/dirt bike in the us...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Last edited by stainlesscycle; 08-22-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 PM

needless to say, afaik we have the highest fatality rate among atv/dirt bike i the us...[/QUOTE]

You must be doing something right.
IMO a high fatality rate beats the government trying to save us from ourselves by passing laws.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I think I live in the most rider friendly country. The country is only 17000km2 but about 80% of that is nation land meaning it belongs to the king and falls under chieftaincies. This also means that so long as we do not cause trouble (ride through crops or grave sites) we can ride prety much anywhere we want without ever getting onto blacktop. And the last time an injury dictated that we return on the main road the cops stopped us and asked if we could teach them how to wheelie!!

It is actually embarrassing that I do not ride often enough when it is so easily accessible
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Utah, parts of Colo, New Mexico, Arkansas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, are all pretty friendly with great riding. Can't leave out Baja in Mexico either. I wouldn't say Louisiana is friendly, but we do have 3 areas with a lot of singletrack. Don't act like an idiot and we pretty much ride what we want with no issues. Our location is good though. I'm right in the middle of 3 Enduro circuits, which is nice, and I can be in the mountains of Arkansas in 6 hrs and The Rocky Mtn's in 15hrs. So I'm not complaining.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
Utah, parts of Colo, New Mexico, Arkansas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, are all pretty friendly with great riding. Can't leave out Baja in Mexico either. I wouldn't say Louisiana is friendly, but we do have 3 areas with a lot of singletrack. Don't act like an idiot and we pretty much ride what we want with no issues. Our location is good though. I'm right in the middle of 3 Enduro circuits, which is nice, and I can be in the mountains of Arkansas in 6 hrs and The Rocky Mtn's in 15hrs. So I'm not complaining.
Bandit,
When am i going to see you in Arkansas again? Those rocks miss you.
Will you ride the Land Between the Lakes dual sport? It's in another week.

Give me a call soon.
Jim
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 09-03-2011, 02:59 PM

n the UK, nowhere.

10 yrs ago the government shut 98% of our trails, and what's left is not very good and is being shut one trail at a time.

But now I ride illegally, in bits of wood and some military land.

STEALTH is the name of the game now, and night riding.

One of the main reasons I don't update my bike is if I get caught there is a good chance they confiscate your bike..

Ain't so in Devon, 1200 + mostly close packed trails.various terrain, mud/rock/slate, snow on Dartmoor, rivers galore.
I'm a TRF member good bunch of fellas.
Wales close by, Strata Florida / sheep etc.

Biff
Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

here is the first part of a 10min loop i have put together across the stream from my house. The plan is to be able to just hi loops for an afternoon and not be out of sight from the house, should improve my fitness no end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKxLTgcHbA

i will post part 2 tomorrow