Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:08 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasxc View Post
Im no engineer either.
So my "vibration analysis"takes less then 15 minutes of ripping the bike through the woods.

As far as frequency, stresses and the rest of that.
If it breaks.Thats bad
If it doesnt break.Thats good.
A (likely apocryphal) funny story about the space station collaboration between Russia and the US:

Question: "Will this piece of plastic withstand the temperature ranges?"

USA Engineers: Lengthy study discussed. Multiple thermoplastic engineers needed, papers to be written, evaluations provided, micro-analysis of plastic properties. Estimated six months to complete the analysis and provide a recommendation.

Russian Engineers: While the Americans were building their analysis, they put the plastic in the freezer, tried to break it. Took it into the restroom, tried to burn it with a cigarette lighter. Outcome: Pass

Old 10-29-2016, 11:10 AM

I have broke three sets of GasGas oem head stays. In all three cases the bike developed a nasty rattle after they broke. Vibration change was negligible. I just recently replaced the ones on my current bike with some steel homemade ones. No more nasty rattle. I have always wanted to make some with a place to mount some radiator guards but have never gotten around to it.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
A (likely apocryphal) funny story about the space station collaboration between Russia and the US:

Question: "Will this piece of plastic withstand the temperature ranges?"

USA Engineers: Lengthy study discussed. Multiple thermoplastic engineers needed, papers to be written, evaluations provided, micro-analysis of plastic properties. Estimated six months to complete the analysis and provide a recommendation.

Russian Engineers: While the Americans were building their analysis, they put the plastic in the freezer, tried to break it. Took it into the restroom, tried to burn it with a cigarette lighter. Outcome: Pass
The more I learn about engineering, the more I understand the Russians!
2006 EC300 Enduro - Ignitech CDI - 38/NECW#2/165 FMF gnarly, FMF shorty, .50 front 5.7 rear

2016 RM-Z450