Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Default Short question on lower footpegs and knee postion on rad scoops

Can anyone around 5/11 and 6/2 that have lowered the factory pegs by cutting/welding the underspacer to the top tell me where their knees hit the '11 rad scoops? My knees are nailing just above the gap on the scoops, I'm not getting a real good grip there, and honestly, I am finding bruises there that will likely get better with more time, but! I wouldn't mind the pegs a bit lower to open up the bike just a bit more, and wondering if anyone who has moved the pegs could tell me if it moved their knee contact down more on the flat part of the scoops.

Or perhaps someone else can relate and offer a completely different resolution/idea?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Heaps of tall people on this forum that will be able to provide some advice on how to set the bike up.

Most generally run a taller seat, bars up and forward and are happy with this. Fastways offer and adjustable footpeg which can be moved lower and back to assist with things. I'm short so no issues for me except, that due to the low height of the gg the pegs are already quite low to the ground. At my height its great that I can touch the ground but I also find my pegs snagging in ruts that my yamaha never used to. I'd personally be wary about lowering the pegs any further.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I ran the fastways for a while, they made a difference but the down side was that they seemed to hang on everything. I am not a tall guy, but was having some knee issues and less bend was helpful until stuff healed, then I flipped them back to the tall setting.
Rob
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.