Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:58 PM

Default Help Needed With Trials Accessories

Hi Guys,

First post and I'll get started by saying I'm looking forward to spending time with my new GasGas Trials bike. I owned a 1974 TY250 back in the mid-70's, but never used it for what it was meant to be. I tried using it for an enduro and I failed miserably. I sold the bike for almost nothing and have regretted it for 40 years. I just picked up a new one in the crate and it's definitely more focused than was my TY.

I have been watching hours of video and I've seen two accessories that I want. First are the "short" levers for the clutch and brake. The ones I liked were aluminum and fit the forefinger perfectly. I also saw Barkbusters on a couple of bikes. I'd like to get both - levers and guards. They don't need to be brand named, but I do want quality and perfect fit. Can one of you direct me on where to shop, please? I have clicked on almost everyone of the sponsored links here and have yet to find those parts or specific items for the Trials models.

Thanks in advance. Gordon

Old 11-20-2014, 10:58 PM

This forum is pretty focused on GG enduro bikes, so I'll try my best with the trials info!

I bought my shorty clutch lever from: http://www.lewisportusa.com/parts_bars_levers.htm

I don't see why the handguards would be trials specific, so a cheap set from any mx parts retailer should work just fine. Here are some cheap options: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t...ndguards?b=294
Old 11-21-2014, 12:34 PM

Bark busters on trials bikes turn into hand busters...if installing anything just install the brush guards with the open ends. If (and when) you go over the bars they will give and not bust your knuckles like a true bark buster will.
Do a search for RYP trials, Ryan is the Sherco importer but stocks plenty of trials goodies. Search also No Fives and The Tryals Shop...also good aftermarket parts suppliers. Jacks Cycles (Stu) know Gas Gas very well and can hook you up with anything you want...just a phone call away. Lewisport was mentioned in the first post, also top notch trials folks.
ADV Rider in the trials forum has some trials guys posting regular that can answer any question you will ever think of. Trials Central is a good forum also but more jabber from guys across the pond than in your back yard but tons of good info on that forum also.
Welcome to the trials world...best known as the "dark side".
Old 11-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Give Jacks Trials Bikes a call He does wonders with GasGas trials bikes . 1-207-337-1274 My last 2 trials bikes came from him .
Old 11-21-2014, 07:49 PM

Thanks Guys!