Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:15 PM

Default Bike bogging at wide open throttle

Evening folks, I?m looking for a bit of advice.

Went out for the day on my bike today and it?s bogging at full throttle. Pulls fine through the midrange and right up until the point where it bogs, which is very nearly the throttle wide open and is quite violent, like hitting a switch.

I recently had the carb apart and adjusted the float height as it was leaking fuel out of the overflow and I?m wandering if I may of over adjusted it. I will have it back apart over the coming few days to see what?s up but in the meantime, what else may cause the bike to do this?

Old 10-29-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostin3 View Post
Evening folks, I?m looking for a bit of advice.

Went out for the day on my bike today and it?s bogging at full throttle. Pulls fine through the midrange and right up until the point where it bogs, which is very nearly the throttle wide open and is quite violent, like hitting a switch.

I recently had the carb apart and adjusted the float height as it was leaking fuel out of the overflow and I?m wandering if I may of over adjusted it. I will have it back apart over the coming few days to see what?s up but in the meantime, what else may cause the bike to do this?
You may have some crud in the main jet. I'd pull it and have a look, clean it out and check the float bowl for any debris.

I usually leave my inline fuel filter attached to help keep debris out when I pull the carb for re-jet or service.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:39 PM

Could be as you said. I know I have over adjusted mine in the past and it had the same symptom you describe. I ended up using the process that someone on here recommended and used the clear hose running out the bottom of the float bowl to get mine at the right level. I'll see if I can find the link and I'll post it
Josh..
Old 10-30-2017, 04:53 PM

Well, managed to fix my bike this evening.

Quite unbelievably, I removed the float bowl and found the main jet had actually come undone and was rattling around in the bottom of the float bowl.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:02 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have heard that will make it run a little rich.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostin3 View Post
Well, managed to fix my bike this evening.

Quite unbelievably, I removed the float bowl and found the main jet had actually come undone and was rattling around in the bottom of the float bowl.
It appears as if you did indeed have some debris in your float bowl... Glad you got it sorted.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
I have heard that will make it run a little rich.
Haha I should say so mate
Old 10-31-2017, 08:14 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Loose main jets (but not yet bowl debris) will make the bike act very strange too.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:17 AM

That does give you a good indication of where the main jet really comes in! We all know the main affects top end but it's really fun to see how much like a light switch it is. I had a similar experience on a snowmobile once.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:09 PM

I'm glad to hear it was an easy fix!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

All the best, Dave.