Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Observations and questions

Hello GG owners
So as a long time gasser owner/rider appx 12yrs. I have always owned older used bikes . my newest is an 09 I still have my first gasser an 01 . I am currently the owner of a 2017 sherco, because I didn't want to wait til 18 and the reports were that they were going to be expensive . and I got a great deal. My good friend bought an 18 on my advice and I have coveted it since. After the ktm takeover he'd been worrying about parts , value etc. He'd also not enjoyed the suspension / feeling harsh - Dealer installed springs for 280lb guy my buddy is 200lbs . Anyway while riding/ crashing he cracked his clutch cover . jb welded it as temp fix . Last ride he somehow cracked water pump cover by hitting a branch and with his bike breaking and other problems I offered to swap.So he's gonna see if he likes the sherco (great bike ) and I like the new gasser . I took the bike home and took of clutch cover ? Cheap piece of paper thin crap. Took off waterpump cheap paper thin crap . This is compared to the old parts. So in their quest to lighten things up did they cheapen up the cases also? I want to own a reliable/ bulletproof (as my older ones are ) bike. Any Input ? Are they still internally strong as the older models? I used to see ktm's boilover and I'd keep on truckin is this still the case? I've had zero issues with my sherco so far . So how is the new bike reliability?
Thanks for any input
Stoby

Old 02-23-2020, 04:21 AM

I had one 2018 and two 2019 GP/EC 300's. While I do agree that the clutch cover is wafer thin, cheap chinese crap I wonder how he broke the water pump cover.

I had about 10 dirt bikes and I can assure you that none of them had a thicker water pump cover than the Gasser. Get an AXP skid plate. It partially covers the water pump. When riding I carry a spare clutch cover and gasket with me but it seems there is an aftermarket cover that has an acceptable price (unlike the Rekluse cover). Need to find the link again. If I find it I'll post it here.

Concerning the suspension I only can say it depends what is inside. That probably explains why the Gasser's KYB is miles ahead of the Sherco's KYB's.

edit: here we go: https://www.p-tech.ee/Gasgas-ec-xc-c...ver-guard-2018