Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Here some pics from a German sherco Dealer

http://www.sherco-shop.de/Galerie.html

Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 AM

Steve,

The 300i R? Big bucks! $9200. I really like it from what I'm reading and seeing, but I'd have to try one. Quite a change to make without a test ride.

I assume the two stroke is the same basic layout/size, looks that way. The Beta is smallish too. One thing about the Beta motor that concerns me a bit is the pipe header fits into the cylinder. Not good if you tweak the pipe and the steel starts to chew away at the alloy cyninder, or breaks it like the KTMs used to do in a big hit. Not saying it will just something to think about being it would be ridden in the rocks most of the time. The Sherco is like the GG or CR with a removable spigot that appears to be different than the cyl. material, probably steel.

Both are very nice as is the Beta. Maybe we get a two bike special deal?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM

Not too thrilled on the price. I wouldn't even think about it without a test ride,, in terrain like what I ride.
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 06-25-2013, 06:36 PM

Yeah, very nice but I have to draw a line somewhere and $9200 for a bike is just too much for me. If I got a 4stroke it would have to be a YZ that is more in my price range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM

but for me the yz is useless.. cant get a plate,, by the time I modify it to be a ds worthy bike I may as well bought something else.. big question is the 300i a "not for highway".. The 10 miles I ride from the house to the trailhead would suck to load and trailer to drive down the street.. Then when off the one mountain its 3 miles to the other trailhead.. This is something I do almost every sunday. Even more if givin the chance..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 PM

Too bad about the Husky mess, that 310 sounds like what you need. Didn't scare Craig though, he even got a Jersey plate on the TXC, not the TE! PA should be easy. He bought another # plate and mounted two VisionX clone LEDs behind it, looks good and he rides to the gas station in town right past the cops without a second look. It would make the Sherco sticker price easier to take if you could easily register it, but that won't happen in Jersey anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

No kicker on the Sherco 2T.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:20 AM

No there is not. I like a kick for harescrambles starts, but its not a big deal as far as getting stuck with a dead battery as a 250 is easy to bump start. As long as the starter is robust and sealed up tight, as its going to live in the mud trapped in the skid plate.

I designed a mod for my old Cannondale where I split the DC power between two batteries, main one for the starter and a smaller LiOn for the EFi system. That way the bike could be bump started with a dead main battery as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:23 AM

GMP, the YZ4stoke may be the ticket to get on the cheep, but I see the new 2014 RMZ's are coming out with improved starting (so they say) haha. I'm starting to figure out the 2013RMZ i have now, added a Rekluse @ $899 and stalling is a non issue now and that is half the battle when trying to start a hot bike a key is 2 NOT STALL in the first place..lol. I paid $7,000 with zero interest for the Suz and now a $899 Rekluse (with free Tshirt & Shipping..lol) so am up to about 8K on her not counting skid plate, bark buster, Rad guards, bling, etc that would go on any bike.
The shop told me as the motor loosened up (had only 6 hrs on it before my first race on it a few weeks ago and was not happy) that it should start better when hot.
The motor is loose now (it seems) that I have put more time on it and starts fine when practice riding, but has not been under race conditions. Will know more after this weekends second race on it...
By the way, it really handles sweet
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM

If it was me, I would hold out for a while.....things might get intresting around the camp fire after 2014. http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/06/...pionship-in-14

Not really sure if this announcement will change anything ....but I just thought it was cool.......but then, this could be $$$$ driven by the big orange cool aid machine as a way to capture another championship since very few mfr's still make 2 strokes.

I was reading on another board that Yamaha (rumor mill) could be working on a 300cc 2 stroke, it was not clear if it was a motocross bike or off road style.
Being that Yamaha is the only Jap brand to still be selling 2 strokes.....who knows..... Again it was posted and it could be all B.S... time will tell. just thinking out loud!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals