Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Help us make this place the best it can be!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Question "Personal Bike Setups" forum

Hey Jeff,

I was thinking about the "my garage" concept seen on other sites. An easy way of incorporating something similar would be a sub-forum dedicted to personal bike setups. This could be located in the Enduro Technical forum.

With the "personal bike setup" sub-forum, members can create threads listing their various mods, tweaks, bike setups, etc. and include a couple photos (if they desire).

There would need to be some ground rules such as...
Only the "original" person can post their bike details within a thread.
Other members may post comments, but they can not post their bike setup within another person's thread.
Each thread should be titled in a similar manner (such as "MattR - Bike Setup", "GMP - Bike Setup", JeffD - Bike Setup", etc.). This would allow quick searches for a particular member's setup preferences.

Sound like a good idea?

Old 08-17-2006, 12:39 PM

Another way to catagorize the threads would be by Experience level or riding style (novice; expert; play-rider), Venue (woods; desert; MX; enduro; ect), and/or 4T, 2T.

I would love to read about different bike set ups. It wouldnt matter to me if I described MY SET-UP and another member listed HIS on my thread, as long as our bikes are fairly similar. Since Im on a EC, I would be annoyed if a quad rider listed his set up in my thread, but another 2T would be just fine.

OBTW; you really have your work cut out for you being webmaster here. There are so many ideas on how to organize this huge amount of data, that I would be totaly overwhelmed.

You have my respect.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Administrator

I am looking for a good "my garage" add on - this will include the ability to have your own photo album. In addition we need a seperate bike setup database. Just wait a little bit until we get the right tool in place for the job.

My time has been consumed lately getting an ad delivery system in place. I have also been spending hours and hours in photoshop getting the banner ads you now see put together for each sponsoring dealer and vendor. This gives the sponsors visibility on the site here. With a very important side benefit - strengthening the dealer network for gasgas...

In other words, if you don't see anything happening on the surface, I may be working in the background on something - you will then see it "pop out" and I will go back into my cave again. Don't worry, we will get this place "dialed" to be the best it can be...

thanks,
jeff
webmaster
GasGas Riders Club