Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:31 PM

Default 2007 EC200 - CDI Pinout

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I've got an 2001 Ec200, and the CDI has died. One day the bike just lost all power. It ran clean but had no power at all, like 125 off the pipe slow... After checking practically everything else on the bike over I used a strobe to check the timing and it wasn't advancing at all, just firing at TDC at any revs.

I looked into the wiring and stuff, but in the end found that if I bent the CDI unit one way it would advance, and if I put weight on it the other it would stop advancing. So yeah shot CDI there I think!

I've managed to find a second hand CDI for an EC200, currently in the post on it's way to me,but it's from a 2007 bike. As far as I can tell the only thing stopping me using this CDI is the change in wiring connector style.

My CDI has the wiring 'tails' with separate plugs, whereas the 2007 CDI has the multi plug built into the end of the CDI. I'm quite happy with electrics so was happy to compare the wiring diagrams and modify my 2001 wiring loom to work with this CDI, but without having a 2007 loom I wont be able to match the pins on the CDI to the wiring diagram.

I was wondering if any of your guys with a bike with this multi plug style CDI could draw me/photograph a pinout of the multi plug please?

Then hopefully I can get this bike working and get back out riding! I'm going mad here not being able to get out on 2 wheels.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:58 PM

basic wiring: http://www.gasgasrider.org/gg-wiring.jpg

2007 wiring diagram (hard to read) download ec200 manual
http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/models-2-2007.html

2009 wiring diagram (zoom in to read) download ec200 manual
http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/models-2-2009.html

This might get you started. Compare various years to see which pins are connected.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:14 AM

Thank you

I'd already downloaded the 2007 manual, but because it was so blurred I didn't even spot the pin numbers on the diagram!

I've just got that 2009 wiring diagram you linked to, should give me everything I need Just gotta wait for the post man now?.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:01 PM

Just wanted to update this, the replacement CDI arrived in the post today and I got it wired up and the bike runs better than it ever has in my ownership!

Just to help anyone else out who might need to do this, the only sticking point was that whilst I had the information of which wire goes to which pin number from the wiring diagrams, I didn't know which was pin 1 on the CDI. Most multi plug connectors have some kind of indicator of pin1 but I couldn't find one. I did manage to work it out though and it is like so:

I cut part of the connector off, and soldered my loom directly to the CDI, then after taking this photo put a bunch of sealant round the end which should keep it weatherproof Obviously not overly practical if I need to remove the CDI/stator but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it :P

Old 10-28-2014, 04:50 PM

Good work. Your pin location sketch might help someone change CDI units in the future.