Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM

You may want to actually take the fuel valve off and check the screen in the tank. We have two 2012 300's and they both came with the little screen bobbing around in the tank. As someone mentioned with the side stand, I tried red loc-tite and it still kept coming loose. I finally took it off. If you're renting the bike, I'd use green loc-tite. An option for suspension is to take your own. May want to slit the carb vent hoses to help prevent getting clogged.
Good luck and bring home a gold!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure that Gas Gas is renting 2013 models, not 2012s. They will have the new plastic.
If you're not taking your own suspension, take the correct springs. The spension is awesome when it's sprung for your weight.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 AM

Thanks,

All good stuff that is getting added to the list. I meant to type 2013, still having a hard time coming around to the idea it's 2012 already...

Bringing his suspension is not an option, we've got a pile of weight already.

Browsing the suspension forum here it seems like he's right in the ballpark weight wise for the stock springs, so pretty sure he'll be OK there. The springs in his 11' are stock and are correct.

Interesting about the side stand, that is something we'll do for sure. Having that come off or get loose would be very frustrating.

I'm going to pack a laptop over, and I should have reasonable Wifi access at our hotel, so with luck I'll be able to keep this thread updated with all the goings on. Should be pretty interesting to be part of, really looking forward to it.

The list keeps growing... at some point there has to be an end in sight...? Lol

g
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Banned

The sidestand mount on the '12 and '13 is much stronger than on the older bikes.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Thanks,

g
You can tweak, twist, modify until you're blue in the face. If you take some loc-tite and go to town with it, change oil you'll be fine. Maybe get the jetting specs from GG factory for where you'll be riding. But these bikes are damn good out of the box and require very little in my opinion to be competitive. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:10 AM

Default Plate No.# ??

Quote:
Thanks,

All good stuff that is getting added to the list. I meant to type 2013, still having a hard time coming around to the idea it's 2012 already...

Bringing his suspension is not an option, we've got a pile of weight already.

Browsing the suspension forum here it seems like he's right in the ballpark weight wise for the stock springs, so pretty sure he'll be OK there. The springs in his 11' are stock and are correct.

Interesting about the side stand, that is something we'll do for sure. Having that come off or get loose would be very frustrating.

I'm going to pack a laptop over, and I should have reasonable Wifi access at our hotel, so with luck I'll be able to keep this thread updated with all the goings on. Should be pretty interesting to be part of, really looking forward to it.

g
Graham,

which starting number /which class do you have ? I will be back from vacation on the 27th and planning to drive to the stages on the 28th to take a look to the fast guys. Thats appr. 400km oneway for me.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM

I'm not sure what his starting number is yet, he's in the Club Class, not the Trophy (Pro) class. Our impound is near the end, but I'm not sure if that has any correlation to start numbers.

I see David Knight just pulled out today with health issues... bummer, was hoping to see him ride in person. But there will be all the other top guys, the US is sending quite a group over. As mentioned I'm taking my pro camera gear and will try to get as many good shots as I can to post.

We leave Saturday, just tying up loose ends now. Has come fast!

g
Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Site Sponsor

Graham, look me up at the US pit area if you're having any problems.

I'm team manager for the GoFasters US Club Team where Johnny Meier will be riding a GasGas as well.

In the past the GasGas ISDE rental bikes come jetted fairly close for local fuel and elevations. Usually you just have to play with the air screw and clip a little to make it right.

As far as the cable operated choke cable goes I'd leave it in place as it gives the rider a chance to richen up the "Wide Open Throttle" slide position when driving down long road sections.

It also comes in handy if the organizers put a special test immidiately after the start when engines don't have enough time to warm up. In Chili, in 2007, the first special test each day was less than 200 meters from the start and it was about 10 minutes long in deep whooped out sand. Cable chokes where the hot set up there.

Steve Berkner

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
I'm taking my pro camera gear and will try to get as many good shots as I can to post.

g
Cool, take and post as many pics as possible...wish I was there, but pics will do
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
I'm team manager for the GoFasters US Club Team where Johnny Meier will be riding a GasGas as well.

Good luck to the entire US ISDE Team.

I bought my current Gas Gas from Johnny!