Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:24 PM

Default Polisport MMX headlight install for 07 EC300

Hey guys.
Ive got a US 2007 EC300 and it did not come with lights (head or tail). I am looking to stall a Polisport MMX I got. I believe the bike has wiring for the lights but I am not sure. Does anyone have a wire diagram or may have installed a light like this from scratch

Thanks

Old 07-07-2017, 04:30 PM

Find the yellow wire that comes out of the stator and tap into any wire that connects to it. Put a simple switch in series with your lamp LO beam. Connect the other side of the lamp to ground and you should get a working headlight. Connect your tail light in parallel with the headlight.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:53 PM

Thanks for your input...

Ok. So I found the yellow coming out of the stator which is my hot. I connected it along with a violet and green/yellow which was in the same loom. kicking the bike over by hand, the light was coming on. So I hooked up some alligator clips to the three prongs on the bulb to these above wires... as the Polisport diagram shows. Once I kicked the bike over and it was idling, there was almost immediately arcing inside the bulb and it burnt out. Looks like too much voltage /amps going to it directly? FYI I am not running any kind of switch, but I dont think a switch would stop the bulb from burning out...

Do I have the correct ground and secondary?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Remove the light, start the bike and use your mutimeter on those wires to figure out what is what. Or buy a dozen bulbs or so and use trial and error. Also the stock voltage regulators on these bikes are prone to failure, replace it.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:29 PM

I will give that at go. Thanks
Old 07-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

There is a voltage regulator inline with the yellow wire. It's a little box fastened to the frame, likely under the tank near the headstock. Make sure to wire your light after that regulator to keep the voltage near 12v. I can't remember the raw voltage of the yellow wire, but it's variable depending on RPM. The regulator is a zener diode, which clips the voltage. I don't personally know about them failing, but definitely check the voltage (at varying RPM) after the regulator and replace if the voltage spikes above 14vdc.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:17 PM

There is no voltage reg on my EC. I just ordered on and will try and install it with a new blub.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:42 PM

So I picked up a two wire voltage regulator...I know I have a hot yellow and can make my little test light fire with that wire and just about any ground.

Please forgive me newness around electrical diag, its not my strong point.

I was told to wire the headlight AFTER the regulator that that is why my first bulb burnt out. So I have the yellow hot coming out of the stator that is clipped into the main harness, but adding the regulator into the mix I now have a "three wire series situation."

Can I just solder the yellow from the stator, power in-to regulator, and yellow harness wires all together...then ground the reg? Will that regulate the power? I would assume that may not work as I need a "regulated" third wire coming out of the regulator to power my light. If I just wire yellow stator to the power side of the regulator, what do I do with the yellow harness wire?

I know I am over complicating this but its my first time and dont want to cook another $5 bulb that no one carries.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:43 AM

still need some help on this..Has anyone installed a regulator from scratch on one of these EC's?
Old 07-18-2017, 12:23 PM

Can you provide a link to the regulator you purchased?

The stock one is a single wire device. The device wire connects to your yellow wire. The case is grounded. It just clips excess voltage which keeps your lights from blowing.