Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:58 PM

Default Gasgas wheel crossover think tank

Looking to see if we can find a rear and front hub similar to gasgas.

The most important factor is the distance from outer sprocket to outer rotor. I can figure out the spacer/collar/bearing arrangement later.

Rear hub on the GasGas outer sprocket to outer rotor is:
6 3/8
Front hub measure from outer of rotor to outer hub flange:
4 5/8

The rear of a 99-18 YZ/YZF comes in at
6 3/8
Front
4 3/8

It looks like a rear wheel of a Yamaha can fit with the a different configuration of custom collars.

Has any tried? If we can find a front hub that matches 4 5/8, that will give many options.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:08 PM

Just curious, did you happen to think about axle diameters?

As for the front YZ wheel, as long as you can get the rotor to line up with the caliper, and the axle fits (possibly could switch bearings to fit?), you can re-true the rim to be centered even if the hub isn't. Done it before on a wheel swap with no problems.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 11-18-2018, 07:11 AM

I just talked to Warp 9 about this the other day. The front hub is an exact match to a red Husqvarna (pre-13). When they build a wheel for the rear, they use a CRF wheel. One thing I did t think to ask was, what year crf. I know the hub width changed in them in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post

As for the front YZ wheel, as long as you can get the rotor to line up with the caliper, and the axle fits (possibly could switch bearings to fit?), you can re-true the rim to be centered even if the hub isn't. Done it before on a wheel swap with no problems.
Yes. I?m going to measure ID and OD of bearings, OD of axle and try to find a configuration that works.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I just talked to Warp 9 about this the other day. The front hub is an exact match to a red Husqvarna (pre-13). When they build a wheel for the rear, they use a CRF wheel. One thing I did t think to ask was, what year crf. I know the hub width changed in them in 2013.

If I recall correctly, my 2005 TE510 had a AJP hub that looked just like the GG hubs.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post

Has anyone besides me ever bought Warp9 wheels and tried to run them on a 18/19 model year GG?

I bought some to mount my studded tires on so I'm not swapping every week through the winter and when they showed up I tried mounting them and they don't fit. Warp9 has been amiable working over the phone trying to get spacer size dialed in but I'm afraid it's going to be a process. I don't know if they've sold a set for the new bikes other than mine.

On my first set of spacers for The rear the wheel sits too close to the swing arm on the sprocket side and the chain rubs heavily on the chain slider on the swing arm. On the rotor side the spacer size makes the rotor have constant contact with the non floating brake pad.

On the front it's believed I got one incorrect spacer because it has the wrong external diameter to fit inside of the grease seal. The other front spacer fits inside the grease seal but has twice as much play on the axle as OEM spacers. 0.003' measured difference on internal diameter which seams significant when the torque value for these wheels are 50% lighter than the manual states for OEM axle torque.

If anyone else has these wheels I'm interested in your findings.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:29 PM

I have a set of these PM sent
Old 12-22-2018, 03:42 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post

That is awesome... I had not thought of that. I have to forks with gg wheels and the wheel is not centred I thought of rejigging the spacers but looking at it today I see that the spacers cannot change because of the rotor position. Wheel is centred a few mm to the right so if I loosen the rhs spokes a touch and tighten Lhasa by the same it should move the tyre centre over to the left. Any downside to this?
Old 12-23-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Any downside to this?
Only downsides are if your trying to move it too much and that it is a tedious process. If you have sufficient spoke length you should be fine. Just take your time and loosen first then tighten the opposite spoke. I like to do 1/4 turn loosen/tighten at a time. If you do it this way you'll keep your wheel true.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220