Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-30-2011, 02:20 PM

Ummm yep Sweet videos. The guy can flat out ride a bike too! Thanks for the post up.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Cole, speaking of that "riding again"....

Just got my rotator cuff done also. two weeks in the sling, 4 to go and then any tips on what I have to look forward to?

Most importantly, thanks for the videos, all my buddies, cough Girard, cough, cough Robbie, are kinda leaving me hanging high and dry with no videos of their new bikes!
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgranger View Post
Just got my rotator cuff done also. two weeks in the sling, 4 to go and then any tips on what I have to look forward to?

Most importantly, thanks for the videos, all my buddies, cough Girard, cough, cough Robbie, are kinda leaving me hanging high and dry with no videos of their new bikes!
I had a labrum tear that was scoped and I expect the recovery is about the same. Needed and anchor, some cleaning out, and a bone spur removed, so a good bit of work in there. Had some pain the first 48 and just pretty sore for a couple weeks after that. After the first couple days I was fine as far as pain, it just hurt like %&@! to move it. The worst part really was sleeping and turning over in bed. That was a bitch for few weeks. I'd recommend trying to get range of motion back as soon as they tell you so you don't get frozen shoulder. Observe the limits on lifting so you don't tear anything they fixed. 6 weeks you should be healed. Thereafter just getting the strength and range back, which may likely be a little painful. I was 50 when I had mine done and my shoulder is 100%. I'd never know I tore anything if I didn't see the scars.

Good luck.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:25 PM

Thanks, sounds like i am on track, start getting pain toward the end of the day, sleeping in a sling and sometime during the night I do something that it doesn't like
Thanks for the feedback,
Rob
Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM

I had a bone spur removed in the other shoulder a couple years prior and didn't need anything but ibuprofen. The tear was a different story. I needed every drop of that Stryker bottle they hung on me. You get one of those?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM

They kept me overnight, my blood sugar was high, I think they had me on steroids for swelling that messed my my typeII diabetes. I had the pump thing, oddly, i used it mostly for back pain, and it didn't do a whole lot for that. I just couldn't stand that bed. the shoulder wasn't bad for 2 days, they did some sort of killer nerve block. for the first week when I was on the Hydrocodone 24x7 it wasn't bad, but I wanted to get off the stuff. I have been trying to deal with the pain during the day and only taking the pain meds for sleeping, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, pretty much slept all day at work today the only thing that they have me doing now is bend at the waist 90 degrees and move the arm in 8 inch circles, and at the top should side it doesn't circle so well, hope that gets better.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:20 AM

Great vid and music - thanks - smooth riding style = fast!