Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
Yeah, what Les said. Thanks, Roscoe, we had a great time. You have some mad finger-crossing skills if you managed to get THAT kind of weather for us; what a superb day. Tahuya just doesn't get any better than that.
For those of you that didn't make it, you missed perfect, and I mean PERFECT riding conditions. The dirt was damp and tacky, there were practically NO puddles, which is a nearly unheard-of treat at Belfair this time of year, and that wonderful Olympic Mountain rain shadow kept us mostly dry after a short morning shower. Roscoe lead us on a spirited ride over about 61 miles of primo trail.
John, great to meet you. Les, it was also great to finally get to ride with you. Scott and I had an awesome time, and will gladly ride with any of y'all anytime we get the chance.
Oh yeah, thanks for the ride on your '08 Roscoe. It felt great, and makes me want to spend a little setup time on my bike. Scott was favorably impressed too. He'd like to try a 250 (I think the low end jump from his 200 to the 300 was a little bit much), but liked the feel. I need to mess with my shock settings to firm up the back end a little bit...
Let us know anytime you want to do this again.

Tim H
I'm glad you guys had fun. I have more routes through that maze of a forest stored in this brain. Well do some of them next time.

I could tell Scott liked my 300 he was smiling when we stopped. I think a DE250 suits him well. Hopefully we can get someone with one to show to our next meet so he can try it out. I knew 2 guys that had 250's a couple years back but both jumped ship to KTMs.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM

Here is a pic Les E mailed to me. We were taking a break after a very fun but demanding section on the morning loop. Good times!

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Site Sponsor

I'm really living large now, ends up the wife didn't even go shopping! I tell ya, its her birthday tomorrow and I think she really has earned that new broom and dustpan I got her! Lucky gal...

www.lt-racing.com
Port Orchard, WA USA
Old 12-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Looks like you guys had a good time. Someday I'll make it down there for a ride...
Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM

Maybe in 09 Steve!
I'd enjoy showing you some fun trail and any one else who is game.

Roscoe

Old 12-09-2008, 10:14 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks Roscoe for coming up the idea of a NW GG ride. I had a great time and met some great people.

Thanks

PS: When you guys left did you happen to run into the 2 guys on yamaha's
that couldn't remember where they parked at?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDog View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks Roscoe for coming up the idea of a NW GG ride. I had a great time and met some great people.

Thanks

PS: When you guys left did you happen to run into the 2 guys on yamaha's
that couldn't remember where they parked at?
Anytime John. I plan to try to organize another ride soon. Stay tuned!

We didn't leave until it was very dark, we got to B.S.in and before you know it, pitch black. Just a few hundred feet as I pulled out of the staging area a couple guys came flying down the black top one with no headlight riding by his partners headlight from behind him. I bet that was them.

Roscoe