Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 11-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen966 View Post
Actually it's the slave that changed. I transferred my EXP 3.0 from my 13 300 to my 18 300 GP. The only thing I had to change according to Rekluse was my slave, which I did. Been in the bike for 6 months with no issues. My clutch is the RMS-7700 part number.
The slave may have changed, but so did the other parts that have different part numbers on the fiche.

Rekluse has always been upfront stating that some combinations may function across applications but they design their kits to function to a standard that they can guarantee and warranty.

They are in this to make money. Like most businesses trying to make money, they won't likely spend the manpower, machine time, R&D resources etc to change a design if it works to standard across platforms.

Or, everyone can just go with a sample of one random dude on the internet who says he got XYZ to work perfectly.

I sincerely hope it continues to work out for you. I would still advise everyone else to contact Rekluse to verify their part numbers before having their dealers order out of the hard parts catalog.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
The slave may have changed, but so did the other parts that have different part numbers on the fiche.

Rekluse has always been upfront stating that some combinations may function across applications but they design their kits to function to a standard that they can guarantee and warranty.

They are in this to make money. Like most businesses trying to make money, they won't likely spend the manpower, machine time, R&D resources etc to change a design if it works to standard across platforms.

Or, everyone can just go with a sample of one random dude on the internet who says he got XYZ to work perfectly.

I sincerely hope it continues to work out for you. I would still advise everyone else to contact Rekluse to verify their part numbers before having their dealers order out of the hard parts catalog.
Random dude? Really? If you read my post this was according to Rekluse, who I was on the phone with when I did it. I'm not going to sacrifice my $1000 clutch on a whim.
2018 GP 300
2013 XC 300 (sold)
2006 DE 300 (buddy has it)
Old 11-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Random dude? Really? If you read my post this was according to Rekluse, who I was on the phone with when I did it. I'm not going to sacrifice my $1000 clutch on a whim.
I'm sorry you take offense to it but yes, you are some random guy on the internet.

If someone is not affiliated with GasGasUSA or Rekluse in an engineering or other employee position, they are some random guy.

I am some random guy on the internet too. I'm just advocating a customer take the time to CALL Rekluse and verify part numbers before having their dealer order. They'll likely find out in their call, just like I did, that the part number from this Hard Parts PDF that I was requesting status on wasn't actually the part number Rekluse currently recommends for my machine.

No one was there with you and no one knows when your conversation took place, or what the context of your specific conversation with the Rekluse employee was.

I'm not disputing what you said. I ADDED that other parts were changed between your call and the one I made on 09NOV2018.

Enough parts ended up being changed to the point that there is a new product catalog number for the same kits between the 2 model years. IE, There are more part numbers changed on the fiches than simply the one slave assembly you're implying is the only change.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Actually it's the slave that changed. I transferred my EXP 3.0 from my 13 300 to my 18 300 GP. The only thing I had to change according to Rekluse was my slave, which I did. Been in the bike for 6 months with no issues. My clutch is the RMS-7700 part number.

Want to sell the Kevlar fibers from your stock GP clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk