Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: You're the head of Engineering - what does the next Gasser get?
Smart Carb 19 32.20%
EFI or DI 11 18.64%
Weight reduction, say 20# 38 64.41%
Adjustable Powervalve 12 20.34%
Adjustable Seat Height 5 8.47%
New from the ground up 175cc motor 2 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2013, 02:12 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Would be nice to have the oil fill at least larger diameter, but I have a small funnel with some hose attached to it that jams in tightly into the hole so nit a major issue there but reducing the number of tools required would be nice

Old 04-13-2013, 08:15 AM

My vote is seat hight, the ONLY reason I switched to gasgas is the seat hight, I'll be moving to beta when I buy a new bike in a few years
Old 04-13-2013, 05:57 PM

I'd have to really get some close up time on a newer bike to give a better answer.. but since 97 some of the same issues still around that seam simple..
Oil fill hole,
small-ish fuel tank,
Shifter issue,
Fastners, more uniform.
And havent looked at the 13 up close but the 12 is way too tall for me.. I got my 97 and my 03 due to the near perfect seat height.. the 12 was way tall.. and with a seat of stone no give means I cant come close to touching the ground. That is a deal breaker for me. I dont like to chop suspensions down.. make them ride odd..my 04 ktm is fine..a bit tall but usable..the beta I checked out seams like a nice height.. TM is nice too..
All this said.. GG has come a long way since my 97 250ec.. which I still have and love.. I have no idea which way to go when I do get a new ride.. putting it off another season as this one is already not going well.. Maybe I'll get some seat time on a 13 and the info on the 14's will get my motor running.
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM

Above all I want a serious QC system in place at the factory as well, ISO 9000 guidelines. This will do more for both real and perceived quality than anything else. Perhaps the new owners will realize this. I suspect that with more capital and clout, some of these alternate parts supply issues will be eliminated and more consistant builds will result. If Beta can do it why not GG?

As far as specifics:

The air boot compound has got to go. I was messing with a new Husky this weekend as well as a KX I just bought for my son and it was a pleasure.

Oil fill is no big deal to me, with the right tool the hole in the case is a retainer, if its on top the clutch you cannot stick a big funnel in there.

The rear inner fender design should change so that a fall or flip will not trash the entire rear of the bike. From the airbox back should be more flexible and the tailight/plate support removable, not integrated. Broken fender should not mean broken subframe.

A real improvemnet in the steering radius, not a mm or so from a bolt change. We did a real hell ride this weekend, lots of off camber 180s around downed trees and it was a PIA at times. The spars need attention.

Ditch that pig of a silencer. It can't be that hard to have a nice light and compact silencer made.

For the estart guys, do it right, integrate the starter motor and get the battery out of the airbox.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM

I love my Gas Gas, but if I had the opportunity to put some ideas out there...

Lighter!
In mold graphics like Husqvarna and Husaberg (they always look good and don't peel off!)
Easier air box access
Better thought out location for battery than 2013 (seems like an after thought)
I agree with the oil filler suggestions...too small in diameter! I personally don't like the metal on metal either...I'm afraid of stripping or cross threading.
Brembo brakes
Better kickstand setup. This thing is almost useless!
Keep seat height at or lower than 2013. Its nice to have a full size dirt bike that actually fits us shorter people.
Better documentation - I'd love to be able to buy a full service manual. Heck, my bike didn't even come with an owners manual!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:10 PM

1. Way less weight.
2. Better documentation.
3. Race models with more agressive engine.

(Miss my CR250 yet)
Brasil!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Ditch that pig of a silencer. It can't be that hard to have a nice light and compact silencer made.
that silencer is one of my favorite things, saves me having to buy one
Old 04-15-2013, 05:50 PM

I hate that huge thing too. Gotta be a better alternative to that. One other thing I don't understand is why everyone wants brembo brakes?? My current set up is bad ass on the Nambo and don't know how it could be much better. I've ridden a lot of bikes with "brembos" and I don't think it means to much anymore unless we're talking about some high end car and street bike apps
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 PM

the alternative is noise, smaller silencer = more noise, no getting around that
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
the alternative is noise, smaller silencer = more noise, no getting around that
+1 more noise=more bitching from OHV haters.