Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:54 PM

Default Time to say hello.

photo (2).JPG
Hey everyone. I've been lurking for the past year or so and figured it was time to say hello. I always had motorcycles when I was younger growing up on XR's until I was in my late teens then I ran away to focus on mountain bikes. Long story short I got sick of driving out of town every weekend to ride Downhill @ ski resorts so I purchased an XR650r about 6 yrs ago so I could get my thrills from the house. Shortly there after the kids came. Suddenly running 100mph through the desert was not as much fun and the consequences were too great so I pulled my dad's 08 300 out of his garage. He is 60 now and loves his Honda 450x on a smooth dirt road. That was a little over a year ago and I have been having slower speed technical fun ever since.
The only thing left to upgrade is the lighting. Rekluse core, RB head and carb, Lt racing suspension work, Fresh bearings inside and out and 2010 plastics. Tubliss Nambotin wheel set, BRP sub mount w/ Scotts, the list goes on but the fun never ends.
I would like to see your light setups. I seems the only thing I can do when the kids go to bed is tinker in the garage or search for more parts to buy so I figure my time would be better spent riding. My 650 is set up w/ a 8" Trail Tech hid and I have a nice set of LED helmet lights but the front end of the gasser is lagging and I don't want to run a battery. Thanks for all the great posts that got me going.
Mike in Prescott AZ

Old 05-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Welcome aboard Mike.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:47 AM

Welcome and nice bike!

I am just running the stock light housing with an hi/lo bulb and I have installed a battery, so I can't help you with your light search.