Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poelinca View Post
Glad to hear that, how much does the shipment cost ? Orders inside Europe over 300? will get free shipment.
Hahaha, not cheap! Around 40 euros. Most guys I ride with here are all on imported exotics though. Ktms, Huskys, Husabergs and everything gets imported. Its either that or ride a 1993 XR250! I will be in Helsinki for 3 days and will have the parts I want shipped there and bring back with me this time

Old 07-07-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poelinca View Post
They don't ship to USA anymore. Give Matto Cycle a call, or Halls may have your parts on stock if you are traveling to USA.
Motocross Center was closed for the Spanish Holiday, 6-28 to 7-3. They still ship to the USA.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 07-08-2016, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
Motocross Center was closed for the Spanish Holiday, 6-28 to 7-3. They still ship to the USA.
See this thread regarding shipment to USA http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21586
Old 07-12-2016, 11:36 PM

FWIW, since the other thread is closed, you can still order parts from MCC as long as they are not genuine GG parts. I have a new seat and skid plate inbound.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:29 PM

Well imho, local dealers are hundreds of miles away, they don't stock any quantity of parts and rather than try to establish and grow some kind of dealer network first, Mark and GasGas try to shut off one of the only sources of parts that we had when GasGas was bankrupt and shutdown. IMHO, that is a very poor decision. Also, I am not going to play phone tag with a bunch of dealers trying to get a decent price and a prompt delivery. Mark spoke about fairness, what is fair about leaving loyal owners in the wind for 18 months, then trying to choke off one of the only sources of parts? Kentucky,Georgia,Alabama,Virginia,New York,Minnesota Utah, Colorado and many other states don't even have a single GG dealer.

You can't force people to pay your price in the way that you want it, this brand of bike isn't good enough to command that. I am not attacking Mark, I am critical of the decision. Yes, Gofasters tried this before GG went belly up and it didn't work then either. If this continues I will just sell my GG and I won't buy a new one.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Last edited by Moto7man; 07-13-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:11 PM

I don't want to be negative but being new this spring to owning a gas gas I do want to throw my 2cents in. As far as buying genuine parts from a local dealer I don't know if I'll even ever try again after the hoops I had to jump through, and phone/email tag I went through to try and find a rim and spoke set. I never did find a rim and was quoted $290+ for a set of spokes and nipples.

If you want me to do business with your dealer network you need lower prices or the dealer network has to offer affordable aftermarket alternatives in addition to the precious OEM parts.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:15 AM

Hi there from MotocrossCenter, this is Antonio. Just to clarify to some users that we do ship to the USA (in fact we ship everyday non-original GG parts).

The misunderstanding here might be that that new management from GAS GAS FACTORY made a global announcement to all GG shops outside the United States that all inside USA customers have to go to the USA network for GG original parts ( I'm sure you can contact directly Mark and their dealers at www.gasgas.com for this parts inside the USA )

Last edited by Antonio_MotocrossCenter; 10-03-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:41 AM

Got some parts on the way to Australia. We'll see how long it takes
Old 06-19-2019, 03:54 AM

I'm waiting too Pygmy, but with the wrong address on the box, our local Aus Post couldn't work out were I lived, even though its only 5 doors away and they deliver other stuff to us all the time, the D!ckheads sent it back to the USA!

Motocentre sent it out on schedule at a re$onable rate, sadly it got sent back in a timely fashion and is currently lost on a boat around Antarctica I think.

No Point to this post, just have to have a rant to get it off my chest - no one deserves to be ranted at except AusPost - which I will do a LOT harder once this is over.