Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Banned

Default spoke interchange Gas Gas

Does anyone have any experience with spoke interchanges for the early Gassers?Stock hubs,excel wheels.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:50 PM

I don't think there are many options Rear wheel there are old kx options. But overall very limited
Old 03-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

They are about $100 per set from the dealer.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
Does anyone have any experience with spoke interchanges for the early Gassers?Stock hubs,excel wheels.
If you still have the OEM spokes....they are junk! Serious over kill for that wheel. The spokes are rather larger with regards to diameter, can't remember the size but the were so thick that you really couldn't get any tension on them.....they worked loose all the time.

Not sure when i converted mine to "normal size" but Jim Cook from Smackover Motorsports used to stock a conversions spoke kit back when he had his shop. I know for a fact they were Buchanan's spokes. I think Jim had them custom made to replace those old bulldog sized spokes.
I'm pretty sure that the 2000 GG BIKES came with Excel rims, so that would be an option. Not sure what year they switched to the DID rim, but those spoke kits more thank likely will not work.

Hope that helps.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Last edited by Rick; 03-08-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: opps
Old 03-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Banned

I like the beefy spoked.Decent satin finish and no rust or oxidation.I don't like the rusty nipples.Tried to interchange the spokes with some other nipples off some other wheels from other brands but it was a no go.The yz wheel has the right size id but the thread pitch is just a bit off.I've got some RAD billet hubbed ktm wheels laced up with black excel wheels that will interchange.The rear wheel lines right up,the front wheel looks good except for the inner bearing id on the Gasser is smaller then the early ktm id.That should be an easy fix with a different bearing.But the RAD wheels are heavy , the Gassers are lighter even though they are cast.Those older RAD gold billet hubbed black rimmed wheels look pretty good on that clapper Gasser.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I got an oversized set from Buchanon for my 2001 10 years ago. contact them, they should beable to help you out with a nice set of SS spokes