Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default 07 headlight?

Hey Guys,
Just wondering if there is a better haedlight to fit the 07 standard light surround as I had tape on the light and it melted the original....damn it.
I do night riding so if there is a hid setup or a really good after market lense to fit original plastic could someone please let me know.
Thankyou Mark

Old 11-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Check procycle.us and drill down into the lighting area. They have some really cool HID and High power LED lights that are awesome.

Baja designs has cool stuff, but I don't know if anything will retrofit directly into the light housing.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wence View Post
Hey Guys,
Just wondering if there is a better haedlight to fit the 07 standard light surround as I had tape on the light and it melted the original....damn it.
I do night riding so if there is a hid setup or a really good after market lense to fit original plastic could someone please let me know.
Thankyou Mark
Here's what I did. Get a replacement headlight designed for halogen bulbs, which is what I believe you allready have. Contact your local auto wrecker, breaker and get a damaged HID headlight housing where the bulb and control unit are ok. retrofit the new bulb and socket into the existing hole using automotive urethane sealer adhesive. Attach the control unit to the upper part of the headlight mask using the same. Get some laminex to protect the polycarbonet lens and be prepered to be blown away at how amazing this light works. Dont worry about heat HID's throw very little. You will have to convert you ac current to dc and a very small battery or capaciter is needed to get the required in rush current to get it to activate.I finished up my beta unit last night and was stunned at how powerfull it is, As n added bonus HID bulbs dont use filiments so they wont break from vibration.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Thanks guys,
Gave pro cycle an email and they sent a reply back but my existing polycarb headlight has half melted therefore I need a new light for a start.
There are very few gassers here therefore none getting parted or wrecked.
I can probably get the hid setup.
Widebear , would you be able to Pm me or explain your setup in a bit more detail as I think I will do it too.
Do you need to convert the whole electrics or just place a reg/rec for light circuit?, what cap etc and placement?(I assume just before hid setup).
Thanks mate,
Mark
Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Wence I'd be happy to help. regulater rectifier is need to convert to dc power. on my first iteration i used ten aa batteries for my 12 volt inrush(starting) current. i have a capaciter and reg/rectifier i could sell you and you could get a repacement housing from whoever, go fasters or ebay . The reflective quality of the housing is what is important in this case.