Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 AM

Default Any northern IL GG'rs ??

Hi Guys,
I'm picking up my first GG ('10 EC300) on Monday. I was just wondering if there's anyone in the NW burbs of Chicago on the site. I've been riding for a long time (currently coming off of a YZ450F), I rode a buddy's 300 last month for 10 minutes and I was sold. Most of our riding is in the woods, sprinkled with a trip out west here and there.

I'd always be interested meeting other GG'rs,talking bikes over a beer.

So far this site has helped me a ton, or maybe better said helping me in putting my mind at ease while making my mind up to buy an "exotic" bike.

Take care,
Tim

Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 AM

We're east of you but saw a couple gassers when we went to the enduro near Leaf River a couple weeks back.
Sucks to go through or around Chicago, but my son liked the enduro.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:44 PM

Not sure if Keytimemotorsports is still selling Gas Gas enduro bikes but if you get a chance Craig Hayes could hook you up with some local Gassers I bet. They are north of you in wisconsin. I'm from the bloomington area downstate of you,I too bought one after riding a few different buddies bikes. We used to ride at Buffalo rock back in the day but now only head up north for leaf rivers enduro.Wanted to ride the wisconsin enduro's this season but the dates conflicted with work. If your ever at a district 17 enduro and see a couple Gassers with Illinois plates stop on by,most of our crew have been riding/racing for over thirty years and have lots of good bench racing story's. Where does your group ride ?
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com
Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Hi Guys, I totally understand that our area isn't a dirt bike haven. We rode at buffalo rock for 20 years, damn shame it closed. There isn't any local places worth a darn around here, hence the trips. I had inlaws that live in Chadwick, Mo. (they're still there, just not my inlaws any longer), I rode down there once or twice a year. I need to get out and ride more for certain. A few guys rode the Leaf River "dual sport" ride a couple weeks ago, we also do a yearly ride in the UP, MI, and we spent a week in Colorado in September. I need to get hooked up with more places within a day's drive.

Thanks for your replies,
Tim
Old 11-10-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucrtwf View Post
Hi Guys, I totally understand that our area isn't a dirt bike haven. We rode at buffalo rock for 20 years, damn shame it closed. There isn't any local places worth a darn around here, hence the trips. I had inlaws that live in Chadwick, Mo. (they're still there, just not my inlaws any longer), I rode down there once or twice a year. I need to get out and ride more for certain. A few guys rode the Leaf River "dual sport" ride a couple weeks ago, we also do a yearly ride in the UP, MI, and we spent a week in Colorado in September. I need to get hooked up with more places within a day's drive.

Thanks for your replies,
Tim
Where are you located? If you put a general location on your profile or signature others may respond to help.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM

Thanks, updated. I'm between Chicago and Rockford IL.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 AM

Sounds like you are alarmingly close to Smudge. It might be time to move?

Lots of Gassers in the N. IL, but they are of the trials type. Keytime no longer sells GG, but they can still get parts.

Doesn't Rockford has some sand pit off of Hwy 20 that's open to riding? You might look into joining Forest City Riders, they have some club ground and get lots of riding in, when setting up the enduro and dual sport. One of there members has a GG.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Sounds like you are alarmingly close to Smudge. It might be time to move?
Lots of Gassers in the N. IL, but they are of the trials type. Keytime no longer sells GG, but they can still get parts.

Doesn't Rockford has some sand pit off of Hwy 20 that's open to riding? You might look into joining Forest City Riders, they have some club ground and get lots of riding in, when setting up the enduro and dual sport. One of there members has a GG.

Yes the nicest people come from northern Illinois!!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:53 PM

There goes the neighborhood.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
There goes the neighborhood.
Wait till WW2 gets here!!!