Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Un-lowering help/ question?

I am thinking about pulling the 124 lowering link and un-lowering (returning to factory) the front forks. It looks like Les cut 13mm from the tube things (anyone have a word for those) and then built a 13mm spacer for the back side of the rod. Does that have to be some special stuff or can I use PVC or something similar?

I guess I have a 2nd part also. It sounds like with me being about 245 loaded out I should go to a 5.8 spring, but I do like a soft back. Am in in the either/or category, or should i really use the 5.8?

PS: The forks that Brent, Richard and Glenn helped me with are working nice. I when from 4.7KG to 4.6 and it seem more planted, maybe I was riding to high. it felt very nice today in some really technical stuff out at Brunes Mill in Columbus.

Gairad/Robby, you should run the TRH race next weekend. 10 miles and a lot of fun stuff.

Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Rob,

Yes, remove the spacer, should be easy if you have had the damper rod out for valving already. Once that is done just make a new PVC pipe preload spacer to match the preload you have now if you like it. Use a chop saw to get a square edge. I set preload like this with the cartridge removed and on the bench, spring, spacer, and cap installed. Its easier to measure at the bottom than dealing with the recess in the cap.

When you remove the 124mm link and go back to the 122mm, you reduce initial leverage on the shock. This will make it just a little stiffer in the initial travel with the same spring.

Tags
forks, shocks, springs