Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM

You could be right but as I said if the fish and wildlife are sitting next to me chatting and watching me ride away I'm not going to worry to much about this and i'll leave it at that, a simple post with some weekend riding!

Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
You could be right but as I said if the fish and wildlife are sitting next to me chatting and watching me ride away I'm not going to worry to much about this and i'll leave it at that, a simple post with some weekend riding!
You are legal to ride cutlines, and 4x4 indicated on the maps and by signage.

Ill admit, I'm guilty of break a few rules out there once and awhile too, but the general public seems to have forgot, or now being taught that you can ride everywhere again. My friends included. Most of them ride illegal trails again where we stopped for years.

I just have a feeling this will bite us in the ass again, especially with the South Saskchewan coming into play here soon. (this affects southern Alberta, NOT saskatchewan)

If you haven't already, check out RMDRA. It's a not for profit organization with a reasonable membership cost. The big benefit here is they do a TON of work keeping trails maintained, and fight for future trails. For awhile there was a lot of political mess (early and mid 2000's) but in recent years it's been filled with some good people who put a lot of volutneer hours into helping our sport. I will be joining them again now that I'm back and hope to be riding soon. (I dual sport still)
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM

I will not argue that point none of us want that happening and yes I know about the rules, the rmdra is also aloud out at McLean this year with there placard but I also suspect these are not just being used for trail maintenance either. There are so many points to talk about and essentially "argue" which I said I have no interest In doing in this thread but will leave to the rmdra meetings. I acknowledge your points and your concern.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:51 PM

And one more note I do very much appreciate the work rmdra does for all of the riders and trails! That is why I support them and am a member!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:58 PM

Just change the thread title to Whispering Birch and be done with it
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I will not argue that point none of us want that happening and yes I know about the rules, the rmdra is also aloud out at McLean this year with there placard but I also suspect these are not just being used for trail maintenance either. There are so many points to talk about and essentially "argue" which I said I have no interest In doing in this thread but will leave to the rmdra meetings. I acknowledge your points and your concern.
They do abuse the cards. I know and am aware of this.

I don't agree with it and would like to bring it up once I become a member again. This will sound bad, but they do have a bit of a history saying one thing and doing another. I've come to accept that because MANY of these individuals spend 100's of hours in the bush working on trails. Those are often the ones who have these cards, however those cards allow up to 7 (I think) riders to come with them. Those other "helpers" often do very little for the group and trails.

I'll probably get slammed for saying this, but I know very few RMDRA members are on this forum. A handful at best.

The thing I will also say is this abuse of the system, including their "private" trails that many of them know about is being hypocritical and just giving reason for all the members and general public to do whatever they want. I know most of my friends have started to do this and many of their rides include these card holding RMDRA members. It is what it is I guess. Maybe it'll allow me to ride more trails and just risk the ticket when I start riding again.

What's that saying.. Oh yea. "Lead by example".
Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM

There's 3 others that ride with me that are forum members here that are also rmdra members that are much more active than me! Small world for sure I've met a lot of riding buddies and hopefully soon to be riding buddies off this forum. One of the best dirt bike forums out there I think!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
There's 3 others that ride with me that are forum members here that are also rmdra members that are much more active than me! Small world for sure I've met a lot of riding buddies and hopefully soon to be riding buddies off this forum. One of the best dirt bike forums out there I think!
Zeal? Claude? I think there are a few other GG riders. Zeal ditched GG apparently though.

As mentioned I've been riding my HONDA for the majority of the last 1.5 years in other countries. I'm out of the loop.

If all works out I *may* have a GG this week.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 PM

I don't know zeal that well just spoke with him a few times but do know Claude quite well he's been helping me get my parts together from Dave in Victoria to swap my 300 over to a 250.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:12 PM

He was trying to sell me a new GG, but I can't afford one. haha.

I know Zeal mostly through a common friend and Claude through RMDRA.

Pending I get a bike this year I hope to ride a lot. Sadly I don't have flexible work to join these guys on wednesday and thursday nights.