Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 12-25-2010, 06:45 PM

Smile Don't Fall

Winter winter go away! these are videos of some BC Canada single track rides we rode this year! 06 EC250.
A yuppy down hill mountain bike rider tells me motors are not allowed on this trail, biting my lip I told him it was my motor that built the trail he was enjoying! lol.

http://vimeo.com/15824810

Old 12-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I hate those guys. A little self righteous. I one had a mt biker beg the blm folks on a trail work party to close the trail we were working on to motorbikes. Luckily, the blm gal told him the area is primarily a motorized use area. I just wanted to kick him.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hey I recognize that trail. Not even sure how a Mountain Bike would get there. I tell ya your vid doesn't do the trail justice. It's a 1000% stepper than it looks.

Hey James are you studded up for winter?
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM

Smile

No studs this year, my bones are getting to brittle for that! LOL. The Hemet cam is a great tool but really doesn't catch the vertical drops. We road one run on the Purcell mnt range this summer that still gives me nightmares.

Im going to sell my 06 GG250EC and pick up a 2011 250E start if you have any buddies looking? 4G obo. Nice having IMS selling GG's now! I have a few new single tracks we cut last fall waiting for the snow to melt
Old 02-05-2011, 04:26 AM

Great videos, great riding place, thanks for sharing
Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 PM

I was a die hard mountain biker for many years before i got into riding dirt bikes, i do admit that at that time i had questions about motorized travel on trails. Lucky for me i have good friends who are courteous, responsible dirt riders who are excellent examples of good stewardship of the land.They put up with My husband and i riding mountain bikes and showed us how much more fun and how many more things we could see if we were to get dirt bikes.Many years later we try to get as many people hooked on dirt biking as possible and let everyone know that everyone gets to use the land.

"No one expects the spanish inquisition"
2011 GG xc300
GG TXT 321 trials
Guzzi V7
Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 AM

"No one expects the spanish inquisition" Maybe thats part of the problem?

I Ride "Sola fide" on both mountain bikes and dirt bikes. I hear ya, and it really depends on the style of trail.Some trails and some style of riders don't mix real well! I have seen some big bore bikes do more roto tilling than riding.LOL.
The trail in Don't fall is actually an old prospectors trail into a gold mine claim I used to ride into when I was a kid. Its only been in last 10 or so years that the place has become a draw for extreme down hill riding and the mountain bikers all of a sudden seem to think they own the trails? What gets my goat is that most of the bitching comes from folks that don't even live in the area.

With Respect

James