Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightwaymc View Post
Hi,
I own and run a small business in Lincoln(England)
We service,repair and M.O.T all motorcycles.
that silver bike must suck in the woods..

I envy some of the bikes you guys get over there, a buddy of mine used to go over and buy 2 stroke street racing bikes and bring them back to the states. kinda a grey market thing.. rz500's, suzuki 250's etc.. He stopped due to legal reasons I believe.. Its just amazing the range of different bike that you guys have over there.. The factories never really bring anything small over here. everything is big.. must be an interesting job with all the different bikes..

03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone

Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage sausage View Post
I was a motor claims handler, which most of the time was totally boring but it did have it's moments when reviewing CCTV footage.

Now I have moved to lithuania to renovate my house and outbuildings on the lake to run a business in leisure fishing camping weddings etc.

-20/30 in winter +75/80 in summer bikes away for the winter now as it started snowing yesterday.
Congrats on the move! better riding in Lithuania? What kind of fishing?
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 AM

Work in bio-med electronics for a major medical center here in mn. Get to fix everything from cast saws to heart lung machines!!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:47 AM

grunkster,

Thats the field I started in. I worked for BD out of school for years, designed and developed hardware and software for hematology analyzers, chem analyzers, centrifuges, and other hemo lab instruments. After a restructuring I went to a US office of a German TUV and did compliance engineering on medical equipment, from like you said cast saws to surgical lasers. I once inspected the BioMedicus factory in MN. Its a great field, but I fear that Obamacare will stifle R&D and tech will stagnate.

Now I'm working in a small special projects group in a research center of a global industrial gases company. Primarily I design and develop software for custom gas separation and analysis instruments, but I do some electronics and mech work as well.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 AM

Very cool Glenn!!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Stay at home father...LOL

Use to be a CIO but that was a former life. I guess without pay I been doing Non-Profit work for Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders as the Director of Marketing & Promotions.