Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM

Rappa,
I know this is somewhat off the original subject, but I had to throw in.
Eugene is correct with the trim numbers. I have an 03, I'm in southern Nevada, and my bike runs strong at +38. I also have an 04 quad and runs excellent at the +35 +40 range.
These numbers were given to me by Jim who owned, at the time, Smackover Motorsports, he had a exhaust gas analizer, he was in Arkansas. That's 4 bikes in 3 very different areas that share the same range of trim settings.
With the VDSTS software, from technoresearch you don't even have to start the bike to change the setting. Just hook the cables up from the laptop, turn the key on, go to the trim adjustment, adjust and save.

As sandman pointed out, the CO reading is the best, but you can get close with these numbers.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 AM

This is great info guys! This means that I can remove my ECU, and send it to someone to adjust it, as I have no one in my area (that I'm aware of) that can do it! When you guys had yours done, were the numbers from the factory off much?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The bikes i have checked were anywhere from 12-20. We also trim around 40 and were 5000ft plus. The bikes are much more rideable in that 40 range. If you sent someone your ECU they would have to have a bike to plug it into unless someone smarter than me can tell me otherwise. Clue here is i'm not very smart
Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 PM

My 03 was used and set at +25 for Prescott, AZ, and it popped quite a bit when you chopped the throttle. The 04 quad was brand new and set at -4, way way too lean.
My point was you don't need to start or run the bike to change and set the trim. It's not a long drawn out process, and a busy Dacuti/HD shop might squeeze you in for a quick adjustment if you have some numbers in mind, and can tell them what CPU your Gas Gas has.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike989 View Post
My 03 was used and set at +25 for Prescott, AZ, and it popped quite a bit when you chopped the throttle. The 04 quad was brand new and set at -4, way way too lean.
My point was you don't need to start or run the bike to change and set the trim. It's not a long drawn out process, and a busy Dacuti/HD shop might squeeze you in for a quick adjustment if you have some numbers in mind, and can tell them what CPU your Gas Gas has.
Hey Mike, do U mean the ECU your Gas Gas has? Do U not need to bring bike to them also? Sorry but brain won't allow input to connect at this time...lol. Very good reading by the way guys!
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Talking

Sorry, the laptop is the CPU the bike brain is ECU.
You need the bike intact. The software lets you pick different ECU's in the Magneti Marelli FI family, so you don't have to go to a Gas Gas dealer. Some Harley's share the Magneti Marelli system, along with Ducati, Aprilia, and Cagiva.
GasGas Ecu's are IAW15P
Check out technoresearch web site, you can look at the user manual. On the right side pick downloads, then Vehicle Diagnostic........, then pick manuals download. At least you can see what I'm trying to explain.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 PM

I just bought an 05 and was worried I got someone else's problem. It hit the rev limiter so early I thought for sure something was a miss.

I'll watch this thread for updates.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Sanderjavant: Have you tried swapping the fuel pump and fan relays?
I have heard of several rev limiting problems going away with this.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:57 PM

I can't say as I really hit the rev limiter that much. One time I did bump it a couple times I managed to snap an exhaust valve. But it never seemed to really start pulling all of a sudden just before the limiter. Then again I short shift alot too, even on my ec250. I've never needed to rev them to get into trouble :P
Old 06-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
Sanderjavant: Have you tried swapping the fuel pump and fan relays?
I have heard of several rev limiting problems going away with this.
What exactly is the prosedure on this?