Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-09-2014, 02:03 AM

Thanks for all the help. Never found the solution to the not starting. Hence i had to start through for several seconds and destroyed the starter clutch again.
At the end i replaced the starter motor and the starter clutch again. Last starter clutch lasted for 1,5 hour. Basically three times starting. Bike is for sale now. I don't want to spend $300 every time i want to go out with her.
Looking for a 2 stroke now which can actually be started by kickstarter.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 PM

Ton,

Do you have your blue/yellow wire (the one that connects to a corner of the ECU, from under the tank) connected or disconnected?

Others have reported differences in how easily it starts depending on if it's disconnected or connected (but seems to go both ways for different people)

When I had it connected (as in post above) I had to do what I said above to start. Once I figured that out, it was just fine .

After I disconnected it, TOTALLy different deal. Just the opposite. Bike wouldn't start worth a dam using that procedure.

With the blue/yellow wire disconnected, I have to open throttle at least half way. Usually fires right up, with a definite roar, haha!! If I try to start it w throttle closed it doesn't wanna stRt and sometimes let's out a loud gunshot type pop.

That being said, from what I understand the blue yellow wire switches it between 2 maps , one lean for emissions (connected) and one richer (disconnected). Your EcU itself also hAs certain settings (it would be good to find that out too, especially if you are currently already blue yellow disconnected, before connecting (going leaner)

The point I am trying to make I guess, is these bikes really have quite the quirky personality when it comes to a starting procedure, and this seems to be very sensitive to fuel mixture/settings. Mine has been pretty good once I figure those things out but it was not obvious at all and took me a while to figure out!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 AM

Thanks, Why. I will try that out. At the moment it's too hot to go out on the bike. Last thing i did was to replace the starter motor and the starter clutch again. Now the bike starts fine. Question is for how long.
I lost confidence in the bike and am selling it or trading it in for a two stroke.
Too bad actually because everybody tells me that the FSR515, once you are used to its power, is the best bike GasGas ever built.