Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-28-2014, 10:00 AM

Default Air Filter Fitment -07 FSR 450?

Hey,
I just picked up a '07 FSR 450.
The bike was basically brand new, all stock (it was a research bike for a major motorsports company)

1. Stock filter (Twin-Air) seemed to fit a bit funny. Like, more material to seal around on one side and "barely enough" on the other. Asked the PO when I was looking over the bike about this, he said it was normal and OK (he is a professional mechanic/bike tech). This was the filter with the 3 holes in it to line it up with the cage and looks like the one in the manual.

Maybe this is true and well, but for me the fit seemed a little less even/ straight forward than previous dirtbikes I have owned (04 yz250f, 02 KX100).

---Does the fit as I describe sound normal to you guys?

2. Aftermarket/UNI filter: Picked up one of these from Dennis Kirk as one of the first things I buy for a new bike is an extra filter or 2.

Using the DK website, I typed in "my ride" and selected the '07 FSR 450. One of maybe 7 parts "available for this ride" was the UNI Filter. I have used them, TwinAir, etc. on other past bikes and no issues.

Fitment of this one: only 1 hole (not 3) that hook on to the cage.

-Do I need a different cage or does this just not fit? (Fitment models listed on packaging were mid 90's-2000's CR's, and a few KX's, etc).
-Any of you guys used this filter on your bikes? How did you get to fit?
-Or, is it okay that it doesn't have the holes for the cage? (do I have to punch my own holes or whatever?)

Just need to know --- need to make sure I have the right stuff for my baby.

Thanks!