Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 06:57 PM

Hi
530mV is way too low.
I recommend using volt meter cause guzzidiag is not accurate, it jumps 20 mV.

First loosen the screw which had the yellow paint to fully close the throttle blade.

Next step is to adjust the sensor on the side of the throttle body so you get minimum 351mV, write down your voltage.

Next you add 290mV to the voltage you wrote down, if you had 355mV, 355+290=645mV.
290mV equals 6,5 degree opening on the throttle blade.

Next you screw in the hexagon screw until you have added 290mV and reach your calculated number.

Last step is to use the program to reset the TPS

Hope this will help so you can start her up on first push and without touching the throttle.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Old 10-29-2015, 02:49 PM

Thank you for explaining - I was struggling to understand the link even with google translate!

So using the multimeter the value from the tps was 320mV. I slackened off the two screws and by some slight movement it jumped up to 360mV.

I then wound the throttle stop back out again to get 650mV.

I hooked up guzzidiag and reset the tps using the 'actors' feature but now the column on the right hand side is showing the throttle as 'between' when on closed throttle. If I open the throttle fully it's showing as being on the stop as it did before.

Previously when the throttle was closed it would register the throttle was on the stop. Should this be of any concern Yngvim?

I ran out of time again tonight so didn't get chance to try it but I will again tomorrow.

Many thanks again for your detailed help Yngvim!

Last edited by Leeky; 10-29-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:21 AM

This is what it looks like when I connect my 2004 450fse to IAW Diaguploadfromtaptalk1446217609188.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446217631547.jpg

I tried to set TPS with IAW Diag but I can't see if it changed anything.I did use another program to set the TPS when I was figuring out how to get her running properly.

Just try to start and see what happens, maybe there is some auto learning functions if using IAW Diag doesn't work to reset the TPS.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:44 PM

Thanks for that extra info - I'm never sure that the tps reset on guzzidiag works as I can't see any change to the values - what other program did you end up using?

I did however disconnect the yellow and blue lead yesterday to put it into race map mode - changing too many things at the same time is never good!!

I opened the bypass to 2 1/2 turns and started it again (on full throttle as when on 0 throttle it wouldn't kick into life) it ran nice and idled evenly.

Id like now to successfully reset the tps so it knows it's on its closed throttle and it registers its position in the text.

Last edited by Leeky; 07-30-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:35 PM

This is the closed throttle readings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 02:36 PM

And open throttle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (106.6 KB, 61 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 03:40 PM

I used MDST software, I was able to borrow it from my dealer.

Maybe next step is to contact Bern and see what he can do with Guzzidiag.

As I understand it we are setting the TPS not resetting it

Old 11-15-2015, 01:10 PM

Well I took it out yesterday to go find some local lanes. It's been on the optimate but not been started for about a week.

I followed the general rule to key on, listen to the pump prime, then open the throttle for 5 seconds, close the throttle and hit the button - it fired into life like a dream!

I jumped on it and headed out, pulling up at a few road junctions I let it drop onto idle - absolutely perfect.

I found the first lane, not tricky but over grown, first gear just above tickover, the gearing was a little tall but it handled well and didn't feel too heavy. It turned into grassy ruts which it handled nicely, only slight complaint was its a little bit stiff on the suspension.

Back on the road and it goes well, really well, a quick run through the gears and 60mph comes quickly.

I stopped it a couple of times whilst opening gates, every time I patiently followed the same startup regime, and it rewarded me by instantly firing into life.

I spent just over an hour playing before heading for home, I was cold and it was raining, but the satisfaction was immense!
Old 11-28-2015, 02:35 AM

Hope it ran reliably for you ! Can't help with the engine / fi, but I had success with having http://proracing.co.uk/ do the fork shims to work better in our native mud than the Spanish rocks they are set up for. Sounds like we ride some of the same greenlanes.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:17 AM

I have a problem where my '05 FSE stall at idle and when starting to accelerate sometimes. Have checked everything and nothing helps.
I went to my GasGas dealer and he saied that '05 FSE had two different voltages when adjusting the TPS. At the moment i have added that +290mV but he said that on some bikes it was smaller voltage. So i tried today that +170mV what should be for FSE400 and i must say that at the moment it seems to work better. So my question to Yngwim is, do you know about that voltage situtation on '05 bikes? What happens if i leave the TPS with +170mV for now?

EDIT: Made a little 18km test ride with +170mV and the bike didn't stall and it feels better than before, butt-dyno would tell that theres more torque than before....

EDIT 2: Made a second test ring and this time managed to get bike really hot and it started to stall on tricky stuff and sometimes when trying to accelerate from small revs....maybe screw the bypass screw out a little bit to increase the idle??? And it's harder to start when hot and stalled.... Could it be faulty TPS? But why all those things start to happen when the bike is really hot?

Last edited by Tafka; 06-15-2016 at 02:03 PM.