Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 09-29-2016, 07:13 AM

Default Comp clicker

My comp clicker on the left fork is stuck and wont turn. Its a new to me bike so I have no idea where its set at. I've taken 47mm showas apart and revalved/rebuilt them before but have never worked on the zokes. Has anyone had this problem or do you have any tips/pointers to keep myself out of trouble when I take these apart?

Old 09-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

No experience with the 'Zokes, at least not since the early 80's, but the WP's will get a little bit of corrosion, caused by water/condensation lying in the bottom of the fork . It'll corrode the comp valve stuck. The good news is they clean up well and fairly easy. It does require a total fork disassembly.

I did my KTM WP's, which seem to be the same as my '01 GG WP's. First one side froze up & the following summer the other side froze up. The fix was the same for both sides.

The solution, I'm guessing, is to change fork oil more often.

RB
Old 09-30-2016, 09:29 AM

I figured it would prob require a teardown. At least it had some oil in it when I drained it last night! I sprayed er down with some pb last night and let it sit so maybe I will get lucky.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:54 PM

Still seized. Tore for fork down for a good cleaning this morning and wow is it dirty. I don't want to guess when the last time this fluid was changed. I have the valve out and the shim stack removed...which is not stock so its had a revalve of some sort. Dug the circlip out so I can get the penetrating oil in a little better but no luck so far. May and I say maaaay try a small amount of heat. Am I right to assume that with the circlip out I can turn counterclockwise at will without fear of damage? Don't want to go clockwise in case its already in all the way...which is how the rebound was. Other fork comp was not all the way in so I hope this one was set the same if I cant get it free. Just picked this bike up a month ago so im glad I got it dirt cheap.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:57 PM

I finally got it to break free! The seals didn't appear to be leaking so everything is cleaned up and waiting on fork oil. Cant wait to see how these feel on some clean oil and ballpark clicker settings. I just might get this thing ready to race next weekend!