Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Default water pump seal

i need to change the water pump seal as my gear oil looks like cream.
is it a case of tacking the pump cover off and removing the impeller or is it a case off job and attack it from the rear

thanks Grant

Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Banned

I did mine about 3 months or more ago. I believe i took the entire side case off to, but I replaced the bearings while I was in there. I think you can replace the seal just by taking off the pump. Since you have to drain the oil anyways, just lean the bike over and go to work. I also upgraded the impellor, if you have the cash and you haven't done it already checkpoint-offroad.com has them for $49.99 shipped. Good upgraded from the oem plastic.

Steve from afterhourscycle.com hooked me up with all the seals and gaskets I needed.

FYI, take pictures or make notes on how the seal goes back in. It's not a normal looking seal like you would think.

If you get stuck or have anymore questions give us shout.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:24 PM

yeah it is a odd looking seal thanks for the advice on that one mate the oem pump is pump so i may look in to the upgrade thanks again
Old 06-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Banned

I just noticed you are in England. The sources I mentioned wouldn't do you any good unless you wanted to pay outrageous postal fees.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Did this a little while ago & had to repeat it later due to possibly bung seal, but I also got told that people preload the seal with a thin suspension shim. My hi flow impeller seemed to have more cut out at the back than stock I think & seemed to need it, but apparently it isn't uncommon.

Drain oil & Pour in a litre of diesel & start the bike on safe stand & run in gear for a min. Drain, repeat. Then put in oil. Seems to work well pulling out water, had to buy some diesel in a jerry can, but no drama with some planning.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 PM

hi gents thanks for the tips its sorted now, i had a combo made up from when my track car was taking water in to the box of auto trans fluid and diesel oil works well, just put some cheap oil for now until i know its ok.

reference to the alloy impeller and another bit i saw, im going to email the company and see what it will cost(dont think our government like us getting a good deal) i think its the import tax, but did buy a rm jet needle from the states and was nothing outrageous.

again thanks

Last edited by gassergrant; 06-20-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: stupid spelling