Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Way to go Clay!!

Looking over the results of the mudslinger enduro held in the berkshire Mountains in Massachuesetts this Saturday I saw Clay rode the event. He came in 12th overall, 6th in A highpoint and 1st in A senior. For those of you who don't know anything about The berkshires or the Mudslinger its pretty much the toughest enduro on the Netra schedule and I'd be willing to bet one of the toughest amatuer enduros in the country. They have actually toned it down a bit. A few years back something like only 7 riders finished the whole thing. Every c rider houred out and most of the B's too. I've never ridden it because of the three hour haul and the horror stories about busted bikes and bodies. For Clay to haul his butt all the way from Tennesse to ride the Mudslinger is impressive. Most guys in New England won't drive three hours for it!!! the 1st in A senior and 6th A highpoint are impressive but what really impresses me is the 12th overall. (he was just a fraction of a second from 11th!) That was the toughest enduro in New England with most of the best riders, 7 of the 10 AA, and 39 A riders there. For an A senior to ride up at the front of the pack at the mudslinger ... you can at least be assured, your importer knows how to ride!! Congrats on the 1st A senior and the great overall scores too!!

so ....

You've ridden all over the states....

I know they have toned it down some ...
Is it really as tough as they say??

would it qualify as one of the toughest enduros in the country?
be honest if the toughest New England has to offer isn't really that tough it won't hurt my feelings to hear it.

I'm curious why the mudslinger?? I'm assuming you were in the area on Business .... there are quite few "nice" enduros in this neck of the woods too. If I was looking for a taste of New england I don't know if that would be my first choice!!

again congrats on the great ride!!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 AM

Nice ride, Clay !
That's always my favorite enduro but I couldn't be there this year.