Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Christini/Gas Gas

Christini 300 is looking pretty enticing. Anyone consider that it is only a few hundred bones more than a Gas Gas? It has me thinking...... So does the new Ossa which has yet to arrive.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 AM

im thinking about trying the new ossa as well. we just got a christini rep up here in calgary so im going to try one this year but not likely in the market for such a bike. the ossa is just to outside of the box to not want to try. my only concern is parts availability.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 AM

I just read the article last night in Transmoto about the new Ossa, I was seriously impressed with the technology and the development investment they are putting into two strokes. I am particularly interested in seeing what they are doing with that rear swingam and linkage. The industry has been pretty stagnant since the release of the power valve with nothing but normal evolution of design and bolt on type changes year to year, it is great to see someone stepping out and going after something truly different. I've personally always felt the current engine layout is not conducive to maximum performance and I would love to see the fuel tank nestled down around the swingarm pivot allowing a huge volume airbox up where tanks currently are.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:58 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

and very nice to have the exhaust out of the line of fire
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
The industry has been pretty stagnant since the release of the power valve with nothing but normal evolution of design and bolt on type changes year to year, it is great to see someone stepping out and going after something truly different.
Ever since the banned works bikes, technology came to a stand still.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:05 PM

The pics on the OSSA site are very nice, it had a perfect shot of the rear swingarm linkage, certainly a rising rate setup, but with literally no parts!! Just the fulcrum, no relay rods, no counter, no 17 different bearings, if they have the swingarm pivot set up right for the torsional load this setup has real promise for an easy to maintain low cost reliable system. I did note a concern on the left foot side, there is some serious wad up potential I beleive at the countersprocket, the shifter is way to close with no protection for a wad up to the case or shifter shaft near as I can see in the 2d image. I also see very little room for playing with the countershaft sprocket size. i am sure none of these are issues that arise in their extensive trials experience, but I'm pretty sure will rear its ugly head if enduro riders start sticking that setup in bogs.