Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:01 AM

Angry ec125 2002 changing gear problem ?

I have a 2002 ec125, i'v not had it long but allready i have rebuilt the whole engine I did cheq the gear selecters for wear but every thing seems OK. When racing the bike going down to first gear or going up to second i seem to find neutral alot loseing me places?
The clutch does drag when useing two fingers but not when pulled back to the bars i have measured the clutch plates they are within GasGas tolerance's. Any ideas

Also anybody know who makes an after market clutch kit and where to buy
in UK or USA as genuine parts have been costing me a bomb?

Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 AM

A Hinson clutch basket for a Honda CR125 fits, I beleive late '90s. We used the stock pressure plate and GG plates but the Honda plates should work as well.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Hey man, mine does the same.

Hey there,

I have a 2005 ec125 which does the same thing.

When I am stationary, and I switch to 1st, in order for me to get back out again and into neutral I have to kill the bike then come back out again in to neutral, then kickstart and off I go again.

I race for the first time yesterday, in a Hare and hounds race and it was fantastic (Apart from the problem of when I was shifting up from 1st into second when the bike decided to go to neutral instead a lot times.... again much the same as yourself meaning a shift back down to first and then back up into second again.

It also drags when in first. If I have the clutch to the bars the bike will very slowly propel itself forward as if the clutch is still half engaged...like feathering the clutch.

Is it maybe that my clutch needs adjusted in some way???
If it is how would one go about doing so and what would need adjusted? Would it be the clutch lever maybe. Perhaps more preload on the piston perhaps??

Any ideas guys would be great as I am dead set on racing as much as I can now!!!
Thanks

Jonny Weston
Old 03-25-2007, 11:14 AM

The clutch is dragging and needs to be bled. Before that though, be sure the lever is adjusted so that the master cyl. piston is able to fully extend when the lever is released.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 AM

I don't know about the 125 but a lot of people have issues with clutch drag on Gassers. You need to use quite a thin oil. Some use ATF. I use Putoline Light Gear oil and that seems ok for me.

Last edited by iancp5; 03-26-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:45 AM

Default clutch

OK i have just ordered a new clutch from GasGas UK they say a CRF250F clutch disks and friction plates fit as one of there mechanic's uses GasGas EC125 parts on his CRF !!!! I also ordered a XFUN gear shifter which is apparently based on the longer EC 125 shifter . I will let you know how it goes !
Old 03-29-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilli View Post
OK i have just ordered a new clutch from GasGas UK they say a CRF250F clutch disks and friction plates fit as one of there mechanic's uses GasGas EC125 parts on his CRF !!!! I also ordered a XFUN gear shifter which is apparently based on the longer EC 125 shifter . I will let you know how it goes !
I thought the Honda plates were slightly thicker?
Might be worth checking before fitting as it could be that it only works one way round - i.e. Gasser on Honda.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:26 AM

Default gear shifter

I got my parts from GasGasuk saturday wow them boy know how to charge £175 for clutch kit and shifter ! The XFUN shifter is much longer than the standard one, just short of 6" I think its going to be too long but I will give it a go ! I have pictures of the shifter next to the old one and on the bike but I don't know how to get it on to the forum! If some one tells me how to do it I will or i could email it to you and you could do it ?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:13 AM

i am a little late here but have to say i also had the same problem. after installing a hinson basket with a ebc dirt digger clutch and maxum light oil all is well on my 144