Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 09-09-2020, 02:22 AM

Default GAS GAS SM 250 2002 - Lights Wiring Issue Help

Hi All,

Im having a nightmare with the wiring on my bike and i was hoping for a bit of guidance on sorting the issue out.

History - When i got the bike it only had the front headlight (standard) on and aftermarket rear tail light. I put a standard rear tail light on and wanted to put indicators back on which i did. It all worked on initial start up 15 minutes into a ride the indicators would stop working, and lights would work intermittently .......??

I have since changed the lighting, horn, kill, indicator switchgear , as i thought this could be the issue (perhaps i have wired this wrong)

I decided to investigate so i traced the yellow and white cable from the stator and disconnected the yellow cable at the first opportunity and (for testing purposes i hooked up a 12V DC battery positive to the yellow negative to frame, the rear light came on and i saw a flash of power to the aftermarket vapor trail tech speedo and the parking light came on. Then everything went dead and i could not get any power to anything else....have i destroyed my electrics?

I'm in a bit of a mess, would anyone be able to give me some logical guidance on what to do next?

Old 09-09-2020, 03:48 AM

if you disconnect the AC regulator temporarily you can hook up 12v DC power to the yellow lead the stator plugs into to test the wiring. Easier than running a smelly 2T in the garage whilst you fix issues.
I'd say you've destroyed the AC regulator at very least.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:52 AM

Hi, I am now sure its wired correctly the issue i am having is on initial start up the lights indicators etc. will work for say 1 minute then a number of electrical items will stop working all together. Just now everything stopped working apart from the front light...?? any ideas?