Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Default Evart & Cadillac Michigan

So I just went on my first real official riding trip this last Sunday & Monday. Me and a buddy of mine loaded up around 2:00 pm on Sunday and set out for Evart Michigan. We got there around 6:30pm and got a quick ride in before sunset. This was my first experience with riding long distance trails and I didn't make it 10 minutes before I became "acquainted" with a few small trees. They claimed one of my radiator shrouds so I think that justifies a 2011 transformation kit to repair. Next I learned how NOT to cross wet logs on an angle across the trail. Faceplant. We were running out of daylight so we turned back and didn't get to do the full loop.
Next morning we hit up the Long Lake trail in Cadillac and I felt every mile of the 27 miles! Beautiful country up there. Can't wait to get back up there. Sorry I don't have more pics. If my buddy gets his go-pro unloaded I might be able to get some video.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09-14-003.jpg (144.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 09-14-002.jpg (133.2 KB, 29 views)

2009 EC300 Six Days

Old 09-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprizz View Post
So I just went on my first real official riding trip this last Sunday & Monday.
That's awesome man, congrats!

There's nothing like getting out for a solid weekend of camping and riding; it's one of the activities I look forward to the most during the spring/summer/fall months. Actually heading out for a Fri-Sun camp & ride with the guys this coming weekend.

I have a good friend that lives in WI and heads to the UP for long weekend of camping/riding every spring and fall - some great single track in that neck of the woods.

I hear you on the log crossing; silly things are a total pia when they're wet and at an angle to the trail. Even if you get the front over, the back's going to slingshot to the side when it hits and give you a good ride...lol.

Post some video if you get it!