Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Lower rear suspension-also tailight holder

My buddy decided he wants a GG when I told him about the VIN number thing and wants to go exploring trails that might put you onto main roads, same as me.

He's never seen my MC250, and considering his riding skills, I told him the super linear, strong low end de300 would be for him, but I forgot that he's not as tall as me. Are the 300 and 250 the same height?

The 250 is as tall as the top of my tool kit mounted on the rear fender of my CR500, so that's five inches higher than an average motoxer.

I've heard of lowering the rear suspension for shorter guys by changing a link in the shock linkage. Is there one available for a DE300? I'm half owner of a Haas VF3 CNC milling machine(Jesse James mills those custom wheels with one on that old show) and my bro machines, so if I knew which link, I could make one. and even sell them.

Speaking of making parts, don't know how many people aare happy with there tailight/plate holder, but I couldn't find one I liked, so I'm working on what I think will be extremely functional,useful, etc. It would be a super lightweight,strong sort of frame under the rear fender and thinking of putting an unobtrusive spring loaded recessable handle that goes through the fender to lift the rear end straight up with. I hate these side plate mount handles and I like the idea of a straight up fender located handle that you don't have to swing a leg over or looks stupid.

Any interest in something like that? If mine works out and others like it, I may sell one or two.

Matt

Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

As for the linkage rods - LT-Racing makes several varieties of linkage rods for the gasgas. The longest is a 126mm linkage rod that lower the rear end of the bike nearly an inch and also soften the action of the rear shock. Details are on LTRs website at www.lt-racing.com.

Les of LT-Racing is my best friend and told me that the marzocchi fork is very easy to shorten as well...

jeff
Old 11-11-2006, 08:51 AM

As for a handle, I just have a strap of 1" nylon webbing between the seat mounting bolts. It's cheap, light in weight, and unobtrusive.

Dale