Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Anyone in Hancock, NY Sunday?

Was anyone there for the Quarry Run? I passed two EC300s on a hill and saw a 200 and a 250 at the gas station.

One of the WEC extreme test trails was run as a "super hero" section. After a long, slick, rocky climb you dropped back down into a tight "chute" type trail, that ended into a wall of rock in front and to the right. There was a "crack" in the rock to the right that after a tough 90 degree pivot your bike barely fit through. I mean right foot off the peg and peg folded up to clear. Other side dropped off fast with slick mud covered bluestone. No traction, just roll and brake further down where the dirt got better. Most crashed, my friend and I cleared it luckily. Wild. I would have liked to see Juha do it.

This is a great ride, really a trail ride not a true dual sport. Next year maybe all the northeast guys (and anyone else) here could meet and ride.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

A few guys from NEDB went, but this was also the Noble Woods weekend up in Maine.

A lot of good reviews from those that went!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM

Couldn't get my bike back together in time after my rebuild so I just went out in our (GMP) neck of the woods, but the Sweep boys were up there. Krispy had his 200 and Eddie had his 00' 250 up there. I was working on the bike till 1 am Saturday night hoping to head up early Sunday mornning but just had nothing but issues. Oh well it's running now and worth the rebuild time so next year there will be no excuses.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 AM

OK, lets try this again.

Anyone going to the Ridge Run Enduro on 10/7 ? This was relocated to the Hancock area and will use some WEC trails. This should be a lot of fun.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:14 AM

I will be heading up early Sunday morning with some buddies, which will be very earlier since the race starts at 8am. I hear all trails so that should be alot of fun.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM

I plan to be up there Sat afternoon. Should have enough guys for two minutes. Question for me is trials tire or knobby? How much grass track if any will there be?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:33 PM

GMP, the section that squeezed you through the rock was a transfer section and a fairly average portion of trail compared to the tests. Did they send you up some nasty hill climbs before the wedge of rock or did they send you through the easier route around that was made on the 2nd day.

I did get stuck there waiting for a guy to get is bike unjammed. That was pretty hairy coming down off of that though.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Fairly steep rocky climb before the wedge rock, but an eaiser bypass down was possible. Like you said nothing especially hard, just had to be careful not to clean some parts off the bike in that crack.

The craziest thing I saw that day was a guy on a Husky 510SMR, with stock supermoto wheels and street tires, slithering up that hill. I never found out what happened.