Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Default Rules of the Road.

The registration agreement says that you won't do anything "hateful". This can have a very broad interpretation. A company that I work with has a few mottos - one of them is the following, "It is okay to attack an idea, it is not okay to attack a person.".

I think that the only time a post should be edited is if it crosses a given line. If I do have to edit a post (profanity), etc. I send a PM to the person making the post telling them why it was edited or deleted and the rationale for why it was done. Posts should not be modified or deleted unless they violate the user agreement. (hateful, spam, profanity, attacks a person or business etc.).

I also think that when entering into debate one must remember the motto above. One needs to be sure that they use language that makes it clear that they question a fact or idea. One needs to do this without attacking or demeaning the person they disagree with.

A couple of lines were skirted in this thread, some stepped on. I do hope that everyone will keep the above in mind when dealing with one another. This place does belong to everyone here...

thanks,
jeff
webmaster
GasGas Riders Club

Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsnowcrack View Post
Matt, if I am vulgar, obscene, or attack someone inappropiately go ahead and edit away. Otherwise I think you should stay out of people's posts.

(And no, panties do not fall into any of those catagories.)
gtsnowcrack,

I apologize and did not mean any harm by my editting. It was an innocent attempt at some humor. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:10 AM

MattR, I'm all for the humor, I'm just protective of my posts Sorry for an implied attack, and for getting this COMPLETE off topic.

No worries, let's get back to the important stuff... Promoting the use of Gas Gas's and 2t's!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Street motocross

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikebarnbeckman View Post
I have seen many posts recently about the street legal status of 2 smokes and if these would be imported street legal...do people really dual-sport 2-strokes?...what do you do on a long dual-sport ride with gas stops getting upwords of 70+ miles?...wouldnt a 4-Stroke that can use pump gas be better suited for dual-sport riding...we have a couple of Dual-Sport Bergs (550 and 650) and they are awesome for multi-use trails/transition roads and you can fill-up at a gas station using pump gas.

Seems to me, focus on street legaling bikes that compete directly against Street legal Husky and K-Mart Trail Machines would be the best way to go.

Just my $0.02...It seems that the street legal KTMs are making or will be making a big impact on 4-Stroke sales throughout all the local dealerships in our town (hint hint fatfreddie)

BikeBarnBeckman
Medford, OR
I just bought a 05 MC250 and I plan on putting street legal lights on it and make an atempt at registration, which I was told can be done in GA. The point is not to make a 2 stroke dual purpose, but to make an off road bike I can ride to the ride. Less road time on my knobbies, the better(no inspection in GA-I saw a biker build off show where a builder used a die grinder to grind off "Not for Highway use")

There used to be open land of unknown ownership in various places a person could take a bike and ride, but these are gone in this state , like I'm sure many others. We have the national forest places, a few privately owned pay per ride large acre sites, and your motocross tracks that I would still load this bike in truck or trailor to get it there.

What I've been noticeing is all the power line and utility trail that is not marked or roped off and no one rides. It's everywhere in my part of the state, and I know that even though it is not marked, they would not encourage you to ride there. I wouldn't want to haul my bike to any of these spots for three reasons - someone might vandalize my truck in a secluded area-some of these trails end over the top of the hill, and I wouldn't want to load and unload for a half mile ride- and if a utility company person where to become aware that I was parking and using their property, he might have a sign and fence put up.

There is a place where a lot of people used to ride and they'd park there trucks on the side of the road. The county or city put up "no parking" signs and started towing trucks. That was ten years ago, if it is still undeveloped, it could be mine.

It's just to open up trail riding possibilities, especially those closer to home. The cost will either be worn out knobbies or mediocre on off road tires if I start catching tickets. I've never seen a motocross bike with lights ride down my street and I bet I'll draw some attention. If I can get a tag for mine, my cousin is going to try to get his Yamaha 4 stroke wr250 dueled. I talked to a Yamaha dealer that said he knew someone that did it. Just an inspection involved
Old 10-30-2006, 07:43 PM

The key to stealth riding is a quiet pipe. Get a db snorkel and use it. No snorkel ... gear up and stay off the "pipe". You gotta ride like the woods are full of sleeping snipers!! Wake one up you die!! As far as the general public goes, If they don't see you or hear you they don't care!! The other thing is low key riding gear. Black over the boot pants and earth tone/camo Jersies, black or white helmet. Don't stop where the trail comes out onto the road to wait for your buddies. Only stop in the woods out of site. It amazes my how many people can't figure out not to stop and hang around where a trail comes out on to a road. If your cousin has an uncorked wr leave him at home.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn280 View Post
I don't make a point of cruising backroads, but I've got a street plate on mine, and with a Clark tank I can get about 160+km of mostly trails, and if I need more gas I have a small bottle of oil measured out for a 5 litre topup.
Not a huge deal.
If the 2T's were detuned slightly they could run the roads all day like a DT200 can.
hi man, how can you drive so long with a gasgas? the most i rided is 100kms, and it's perfectly "reglée" (i don't konw the translation) about the rules, in europe, it as nosense, our paper says that it doesn't polute, makes no noise, but it's delivered in the full version, we all are have problems with this(papers says 18 hp, 53 real)
Old 11-04-2006, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickael33 View Post
hi man, how can you drive so long with a gasgas? the most i rided is 100kms, and it's perfectly "reglée" (i don't konw the translation) about the rules, in europe, it as nosense, our paper says that it doesn't polute, makes no noise, but it's delivered in the full version, we all are have problems with this(papers says 18 hp, 53 real)
Hi Mickael,
I don't quite get what you are saying, but my usual rides are in the 100-140km range. I've only had to stop for gas when I had the stock tank. With the Clark tank I've got over 140km of mixed riding and still had some left. (mostly doubletrack with some single and dirt backroading mixed in)
After 100kms of straight singletrack, I'm done before the fuel.
Are you saying the the ads there say its 18hp? Can you scan something for us? Is this with the euro catalyst pipe & 115 main jet ?
What country are you from ? Sorry for all the questions, but this is interesting !
Old 11-04-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
The key to stealth riding is a quiet pipe. Get a db snorkel and use it. No snorkel ... gear up and stay off the "pipe". You gotta ride like the woods are full of sleeping snipers!! Wake one up you die!! As far as the general public goes, If they don't see you or hear you they don't care!! The other thing is low key riding gear. Black over the boot pants and earth tone/camo Jersies, black or white helmet. Don't stop where the trail comes out onto the road to wait for your buddies. Only stop in the woods out of site. It amazes my how many people can't figure out not to stop and hang around where a trail comes out on to a road. If your cousin has an uncorked wr leave him at home.

What is a dB Snorkel? I've heard of them. Is it just a silencer, or something special? I have a FMF "Q" leftover from my KTM 300xcw I've been planning to use. It can be made to fit with just some minor stainless welding, or perhaps something even easier. Will that compare to the snorkel? I know sound eminates from everywhere on an engine and some bikes are loud even with a quiet exaust. I think a E-line pipe guard would help on this thin expansion(Messico) chamber.

Anybody have a problem with a short shift lever? My riding boots won't fit. I'll probably like the lower foot pegs anyway, but I've heard about GG specific ones and Yamaha ones that adapt and are cheaper. Any input?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:02 PM

http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/

Thread about them over on smacktalk

http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/...ead.php?t=2883