Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:08 PM

Default So what "trick" aftermarket bit have you got on your EC300

Hello all.

I am picking up an 07 EC300 in a few weeks.

I am getting a few aftermarket bits on the bike before I ride it offroad.

Just wondering what aftermarket parts you guys have and what else you can suggest I should get

So far I will add on:

Hyde pipe guard/skid plate
Force radiator guards
Headlight protector
Case saver (not sure which brand)
Some sort of upper fork guards & front/rear disk guards (any suggestions?)
Bark busters

Are there bits you can get to protect the swing arm? On my mountain bike I have a velcro thingie that wraps around to protect the frame if the chain comes off, if I could get something similar it would be good to stop scratches on the swing arm when you drop the bike on hills etc...

I am particularly interested in some disk guards + upper fork guards + some sort of swing arm protection.

Suggestions please...
Thanks guys.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd33y View Post
Hyde pipe guard/skid plate
Force radiator guards
Headlight protector
Case saver (not sure which brand)
Some sort of upper fork guards & front/rear disk guards (any suggestions?)
Bark busters

Are there bits you can get to protect the swing arm? On my mountain bike I have a velcro thingie that wraps around to protect the frame if the chain comes off, if I could get something similar it would be good to stop scratches on the swing arm when you drop the bike on hills etc...
I am particularly interested in some disk guards + upper fork guards + some sort of swing arm protection.

Suggestions please...
Thanks guys.
Looks like you have all the bling you need and then some. I'd think twice about the clutch slave saver. I've read posts for various other makes where people without them only needed to replace the slave, but others with the protector on, have had to replace the slave AND the cases due to the extra metal/leverage the chain can catch on to.
Anyone with a GG chain throwing experience they'd like to share ?
ps - make sure the bark busters are the right ones to fit the Hebo fat bars, not just any brand of fat bars.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 PM

My bike came with almost every aftermarket do-dad available. Reguarding the slave protector, make sure to install the master link on your chain with the clip on the inside. If it evere fails it can work itself out without damaging the cases/slave. I have seen pictures of the damage a master link can do when it is trying to work itself out towrds the cases and it was very ugly!

Paul B
Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM

hi, i'm not sure of the meaning of your question (my english is not so good) if it's what i understood, my bike was delivered with the protection of light, the tools, and...that's all i dont even got the black exhaust...
great to know gasgasmen out of europe!