Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM

Default P3 i.e. Pirie Performance Products = not good

I ordered a pipe guard for my 2009 GasGas from P3 i.e. Pirie Performance Products on Dec 12 2011. The guard is still not here, and i am getting no call back, no email return, and the stalling "I will ship it out right away" with the one return phone call. Here is the thing, i wanted a P3 pipe guard because it is better quality then the E-line, but if you cant get it, why bother. Very poor business practice: taking money from customers and then stalling. I guess i will have to start the dispute process with paypal to get my money back. I almost wonder if he is having them made in China and then re-packaging them to sell here.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

This has been discussed in another thread. A search should turn it up. In a nutshell he is a small business with very little staff and appears to be swamped down with work load. Has to do the pipes in individual batches so if he's been doing ktm/husberg, then husky, then a batch of bash plates, it could be a while before gg gets its turn again.

In saying that taking peoples money, poor communication, and delays this long isn't very good business practices. The products are of really good quality, but don't do much to protect if its not on the bike.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD View Post
I ordered a pipe guard for my 2009 GasGas from P3 i.e. Pirie Performance Products on Dec 12 2011. The guard is still not here, and i am getting no call back, no email return, and the stalling "I will ship it out right away" with the one return phone call. Here is the thing, i wanted a P3 pipe guard because it is better quality then the E-line, but if you cant get it, why bother. Very poor business practice: taking money from customers and then stalling. I guess i will have to start the dispute process with paypal to get my money back. I almost wonder if he is having them made in China and then re-packaging them to sell here.
You waited too long to file a dispute thru paypal.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
You waited too long to file a dispute thru paypal.
So I'm screwed. Nice.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

They won't screw you.. Although indirectly they already have to a certain extent. Keep trying to ring during business hours. When you get a hold of someone just request a refund and cancel the order. I'm sure they'll be reasonable. Just be firm about how you feel and what you want, without being rude.

I noticed on their website that they don't ship to Aus directly anymore. Have a dealer here now. I know it took 3 weeks to a month when I bought my pipe guard back in 2010.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD View Post
So I'm screwed. Nice.
You're not screwed.... The Pirie's are good people, with a good product. Factory KTM Team buys P3 guards, as they are superior to KTM Powerparts ones. They are not sponsored, Mike Lafferty is the only P3 sponsored rider. E-Line is made in China, not P3. In fact, P3 used to make E-Line's guards, until Parts Unlimited/Moose made E-Line go offshore to lower costs (and quality). In this economy, Eric is a one man show in production and Lindsay helps him out by making new molds. They are slower than the Second Coming, but worth the wait. Best bet when buying P3, is find a stocking dealer.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM

Call him from another phone so your number doesnt come up and trick him into answering the phone, hes screening his calls so he doesnt have to tell you its gonna be a long wait. I know a local company that does this to people.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM

i doubt p-3 would screen calls,they are just a small company..probably overwhelmed..ive never had a problem getting his stuff and its top quality!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Many of us waited a long time, but wound up with a good product.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury1 View Post
i doubt p-3 would screen calls,they are just a small company..probably overwhelmed..ive never had a problem getting his stuff and its top quality!
+1 You guys are way too cynical.