Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM

Glenn, a freak accident is not funny at all! Jakobi busting himself and missing his eye would have caused me to say "how did that feel" once I saw he was not hurt. I never ask that to a fellow down on a path from a crash! Unless he's my buddy and unhurt! My buddies have been asking each other that question for years.

I got zapped by 180 volts off some giant caps on this big tube amplifier the other day. Burned a small hole in my thumb. My buddy Don was here. Instantly he said " how did that feel". I said "great, except for the numbness". Was holding the chassis in my right hand and managed to stick my thumb across the damn thing.

Handlebar to the groin is borderline, only because he didn't get "really" hurt! My guess is looking down and seeing damaged "man parts" could easily make you pass out! That would not be funny when you really think about it

Please don't think I'd trivialize a serious injury....I left out the serious part of my story. The aspirin to thin my blood and the ibuprofen to combat inflation burned a damn hole in my stomach. I was not taking either for pain and did not start until a few days later when I saw it was not going down. Keep this in mind, take a Zantac before if you are going to take massive amounts of aspirin or ibuprofen for a week! It (the ulcer) was serious. Took a long time to recover from that! The aftermath of the injury was 10 times worse than the banged shin. I thought I was dying. When bitten by a rattlesnake, I never thought for a second I could die. The ulcer actually made me think I was. Details would seem like whining! I did not post the "whole story" because the only funny part was my stupidity in not paying attention when kicking "The Bunny"!

Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!