Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:12 AM

Default What I Love About My GasGas

OK, I'll go first

After a six-week-long lay-off for travel and other obligations, I hopped on my 2012 300 Race. From a fresh perspective here's why I love my GasGas.

* first-kick starting. I had to chuckle when another rider on an orange bike with the button would crank and crank and crank and finally resort to the lever every time we stopped, and then kick-kick-kick before getting his bike lit. No splooge on the silencer either on a 50:1 diet of 100 octane pump/race gas metered through Jakobi jetting.

* it's super-quiet. I could sneak up on wildlife on this bike - after a day of riding my ears aren't ringing.

* the suspension is fantastic. The forks handled rocks and roots and big G-outs with aplomb, and the rear did absolutely nothing unexpected.

* the motor is smoooooooth, yet strong. A YZ250 rider demo'd the bike and was amazed at the quality and quantity of the power.

* transitions front-to-rear and side-to-side were effortless, and the bike never put a wheel wrong. The new cockpit addressed the concerns about being cramped, and with no recent reference the seat-height was a non-issue.

* the brakes are strong without being grabby, and the power is metered efficiently through the big Michelin mounted out back.

* the GasGas is an object of desire. From tattooed kids to grizzled old men, five riders approached my pits to get a look at the bike, find out about it, and drool relentlessly .

... that's why I love my GasGas!

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 05-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

I love that yours works well with the jetting! I love that you are getting heaps of interest in your bike, and I love that yours is a 2012! Great to here positive reviews regarding the newer models. The only thing I don't love about mine is that it isn't a 2012 ...but this thread is about your bike isn't it?? haha!