Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Default power valve starter bracket

Anyone brake the starter bracket that is part of the powervalve cover?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones150 View Post
Anyone brake the starter bracket that is part of the powervalve cover?
Bones,
How old is your bike? We will warranty it if we can.
This is the first time I have heard of a broken bracket but some of the starters/brackets have a gap between the bracket and pv cover. It's a good idea to put a washer between those two parts so the bolt doesn't torque the bracket against the pv cover. This is prolly what caused yours to break. Did that make sense?
Clay
Old 07-04-2012, 12:00 AM

Thanks Clay I have Dave taking care of it in canada and my bike is maybe 6 weeks old. I have broke 2 of them in races.Just wondering if this is a common problem and maybe a fix for it.Getting a new part fast maybe a problem also. Ready to get rid of starter and make it a kicker only. Should just need a regular ignition cover right? The washer idea might be a solution, Thanks. Also my starter does not work anymore. Was hit and miss alittle then bracket broke and now will not work at all? benex? Other than this bike is awesome.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones150 View Post
Thanks Clay I have Dave taking care of it in canada and my bike is maybe 6 weeks old. I have broke 2 of them in races.Just wondering if this is a common problem and maybe a fix for it.Getting a new part fast maybe a problem also. Ready to get rid of starter and make it a kicker only. Should just need a regular ignition cover right? The washer idea might be a solution, Thanks. Also my starter does not work anymore. Was hit and miss alittle then bracket broke and now will not work at all? benex? Other than this bike is awesome.
I think the washer thing might help the breaking. I honestly have not heard of this from anyone else. I think all of this is related to the alignment. If there is a big gap between the bracker and the pv cover you prolly have an alignment issue.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:07 AM

You may have done this already but when I first got mine the starter was hit and miss, sometimes it would engage the flywheel and other times not. Then it got to where it wouldn't engage the flywheel at all, just spin the starter. I thought it seemed as though it wasn't spinning fast enough to fully extend the gear that goes out and engages the flywheel so I charged up my battery and haven't had a problem since, it engages ever time now.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks Guys will check alignment when I get new bracket. I put a battery booster on it and still won,t catch. Thought it might not be spinning fast enough either.