Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Help us make this place the best it can be!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 PM

Default some help for the mechanically nervous....

how bout this: start a large heading under the technical forum heading for documented maintenance and repair. then make sub categories of say chassis and frame, motor, transmission, suspension, carburetion, and then one for misc.
and in these categories people would post complete run throughs of maintenance they have done. i have seen alot of requests for run throughs of basic maintenance from people who are new to mechanics or (like me) familiar with mechanics, but dont want to mess anything up by accidentally forgetting to do something or not doing something right. youtube links could be posted, as well as complete walk throughs (hopefully with pictures) in easy to understand language, on how to do things like a top end on a 2 stroke, or how to change oil in the forks, or swap out the rear shock springs, all of which would be outstandingly helpful to me, as well as many others. it would be fantastic if somebody would take the extra time to document their maintenance for the aid of others. we would also put in a suggestion box for specific projects, say i needed to know how to change out my clutch plates, i could post a suggestion, and the next time somebody did it, they could take pictures or a video, and post them with detailed instructions on what exactly they did. it would help people like me out alot.
thanks!
dank